Finnaly received my Surge

It is possible that even though you will get used to the surge, you may have discovered that you like something that weighs a bit less. The hitman pro fits that as well as the lyn fury and legacy for less cash than the hitman. The lyn fury and legacy are great yoyos that can take you a very long way.

The twist just means you need to untwist it more often (I find newer strings twist more until they break in and then I find myself twisting or Untwisting less) and if you aren’t having issues don’t begin to think a it shims :). Shim would be good if you’re using a fatter string and find during string tricks that you are having issues with the yoyo wanting to return to your hand or mess up mid trick.
If you find those issues then shims would be good .

ah okay, seems like the lyn fry is a downgrade from surge, and the legacy im unsure on

suppose I shall just shim to get wider gap till I can decide on a metal/plastic

I do find that I would like something a little bit lighter than my surge, im going to keep on playing tho

was trying to take advantage of the free shipping :slight_smile: but undesive

The Surge is overly heavy. You will like yo-yoing much more once you get a good metal, or I did anyway. For whoever is asking about the DMII or Hitman, don’t get either. For the same price you can get some very good metals or if you want to spend 10 more dollars there is a very wide variety of awesome yoyos, both metal and plastic that you can get. Don’t make the mistake I made by getting a DMII, then a Dv888. Go straight for the good stuff. I won’t recommend anything specific in the 45-55 price range because there are so many good choices, but I will say if you want to see if you’re going to like yo-yoing for cheap, buy a Magic Yoyo and some response pads to replace what comes in them.

what are the metals than them two? I don’t mind spending a lil more

Check out the weerd stuff, really nice looking price on some of them.

:frowning: way out of my price range on weerd

Get a speedaholic or onestar

both are lighter than the surge

belive I would want to go up, aren’t both of them below surge?

Not necessarily, I’d say the Speedaholic is above the Surge. But if I were you I’d save $40-$50 and get either, a Rally, a Yeti, a Shutter or a Werrd Minute. All 4 will blow away any throw in that price range.

Its the early on learning curve you need to get over. I learned most of the basic tricks on a duncan dragonfly. The surge can handle a lot right out of the box stock. once you start to get everything down you are going to notice that yoyo’s like the classic and the surge can handle tricks just like the YYF superstar or Supernova

1 Like

how is th dv 888? I seen its pretty reasonably priced

I feel that at this point, the Shutter makes the DV888 nearly irrelevant in that price range.

1 Like

Agreed. In your price range, either get a Rally or wait for a blasted (finish) shutter.