FHZ silcone recess

is there any way to recess a fhz without a lathe or drill? Im planning to mod my old fhz, its gonna be my first mod.

Welocme to YoYoExpert Forums, hungryhippo! We hope you like it here, as the nice members!

You could just buy silicone pads instead of friction stickers.

Sold here: http://yoyoexpert.com/product/duncan/stickers/

Good luck! :wink:

I guess it is possible to just drag a sharpened screwdriver along the recess, but it would be very hard and would probably not work well at all.

I would recommend getting a drill or buying one that is modded :wink:

Silicone Stickers won’t make a large difference in responsiveness.

so any drill would work? and how wide and deep should the recess be? thanks for the help!

Yes, as long as it can cut. :wink:

(JonasK) #6

You’re not using the actual drill to carve out the groove though. You are rigging the yoyo onto the drill and then using a small jewelers screwdriver and just let the drill work together with the screwdriver in perfect harmony. Or you can just do this:

i think i messed up. the recess is too close to the bearing seat, and its too deep. 1 mm away from the bearing and its ~3.5 mm deep. would a silocone recessed fhz be worth it?

That’s all your decision.

In my words, no, not really.

Do you like un-responsive play? If so, yes. If you like responsive play, no.

Siliconed recessed FHZ’s play very well. I played a Glasseye Zero, and I felt that it was one of those yoyos I would rather reach for then my metals.

SILID FHZs ARE DEFINATLY WORTH IT!
THEY PLAY AMAZING, YOU WONT REGRET IT.

You could let us take care of that for you  :wink:

I did my recess on my FHZ and it turned out Terrible. Then I looked around some forums for tips, and made it deeper. It turned out so awesome. I even did this tight paint splatter mod so now it looks like a tomato!