FF7 Remake first look (ERMAGERRRD!)

Anyone else freaking out about this?!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YES!!! It looks AMAZING!! I can’t wait!

I hope there is a limited edition FF7 PS4 that comes out when it’s released. The day FF7 is released will be the day when I buy a PS4…excluding pre-order of course

I bought my PS4 the day after the remake was announced. I cant wait! Also the steam re-release of FF7 hit the PS store about a week and a half ago, and ive been going hard and heavy once again.

So excited. Surprized about it coming out in an episodic format. Possibly one game for each disc? Midgar, Golden Saucer, Kalm i going to be a full city instead of a few houses…man i am stupid excited for this one!

/maniacal laughter

I was hoping it’d still be turn based :confused:

I was too, but it was only turn based due to technical restrictions of the time. No those restrictions do not exist. I can see both sides, and while im not thrilled its not a deal breaker. Just look at the SIZE of the places! theres going to be enormus amounts of area to explore that were tiny-tiny-tiny in comparison of the original.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still probably buy a PS 4 because of this,I just miss the old turn based final fantasy games.7,8, & 9 were soo great.

Dear lord, I just thought of this, what will knights of the round look like?
Also, I wonder if you can swap between characters? Playing as red xiii would be sweet.

Im pretty sure you can swap between characters. in one tiny moment in that video you see barrett as the main in control oand cloud in the background fighting his own set of guards.
Its Gonna Be SICK!

Im about 40 hours into the steam re-release for download on PS4 to get my turn based fix. :slight_smile:

wait… What? It’s coming out as installments?? So I’m gonna have to pay for the other chapters??? That’s rediculous.

With the amount of detail and the enormity of the areas to explore, if they were to stick it all on one disc it would have to be shaved, trimmed, and altered further, thus causing riots in the streets if the story was mangled or even altered.
So in order to A-Fit it all and the level of detail already in production, B- Not cut or alter the story to “make it fit” and C- to allow the team to create and produce the highest level of quality for the entire series giving them 3x more time to work on each section and part.

I dont care at all if i have to buy it three times. No joke, ive bought several copies of FF7 for ps1 (black label first edition, green label greatest hits, PC version, Steam version, PS2, PS3 and most recently PS4 re-release, not to mention 2 different guide books, midi soundtrack, orchestral soundtrack, all sheet music, sephiroth’s masamune in real life size, and I even got 2 film cells in a frames FF7 art from the movie Advent Children) so buying a few more after something like 14 years of begging for a remake and it actually happens?? Im still squeeling like a little girl over the beatles in the late sixties.

i understand that there’s a lot of data in this game, but it doesn’t need to be on one disc. As they’ve done before, split between man discs. I don’t think it’s right to have one game/story split between a volume. I mean, if each volume was long enough with all the books and crannies that ffvii is supposed to offer, then okay. I guess it’s not that big of a deal. But I don’t think it should be the standard $60 a game. You’re essentially paying $120/$180 for a single game. just seems wrong. But I suppose the most important thing is that the game is done right, and so far I’ve read that it won’t be.

All my bashing aside, which I’m doing to not raise the bar too high, I am totally effin stoked. I wish it were turn based as it should have been, but I actually like the new battle system. If they don’t change the story, or cut down on the open world(which they might do), this game will be a+ in my book.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. I hate when I hear that turn based rpgs are dead. They better have the materia system work the same way as the original, our darn close.