Favourite Bearings? (+ Bearing Recommendations) (Added more bearings to the list)

Yea 5$ shipping, but still the same with shipping. I will probably try one, still trying to decide on which shape

1 Like

Oh, yeah I forgot about shipping. I ordered a couple so it cost about $17.50 apiece.

Ivan

2 Likes

What kind of bearing shape is this? V shape? Is it better than the center-track type(T shape?)

5 Likes

i’ve not seen that shape before. definitely looks more like a grooved V than a grooved concave. it also looks like the inwards curves are convex.

looks interesting, the groove looks less intense than a grooved concave, but i have no clue how the convex V will hold string centered.

4 Likes

Yo this is a cool post I haven’t seen before. I don’t know why generic yye flat 10-ball isn’t on the list though. Like dang…that’s my fav bearing and it doesn’t even get a mention… :sob: Lol!

What bearing is that? I bet it would perform well in a rock the baby rep contest pretty good…prolly plays closer to a V than a CT. Don’t really know if any bearings shapes are better than others, they’re just all different…kinda just preference. Some manufacturing is better than others tho.

3 Likes

That bearing reminds me of the YoYoWorkShop bearing

3 Likes

The brand is Vosun. I’ve found they call it V bearing

3 Likes

I really don’t like v shaped bearings all that much. I’ll take a center track or concave over one of those. Of course a pixel or ds are great. I got one of those in a throw I got on bst and I swapped it for a flat because I would rather that over a v…

4 Likes

I have to say I love my YYR platinum bearings, but most of what I throw on the daily have the G2 Boss Rage bearings and I really like them. I have been wanting to try some of the Mazaltop’s so it’s good to see them highly recommend as well. Small plug for the one Pixel bearing I have that has run really well too.

4 Likes

Top picture is called a convex V bearing. Mazal top sells them. I have a few and I really love them. They play and bind a bit diff than any other V. But I’ve found they are superior to any other at keeping the yoyo from leaning or precessing.

6 Likes

I have a few of the Mazal Top convex V’s also, and they definitely help keep the yoyo straight, I like to use them in yoyos where I have trouble with the response being overly grabby or aggressive. In a yoyo that’s already prone to loose binds these can make bind performance even worse, so where I use them is definitely conditional. They can also be a little unpredictable when doing tricks that involve a lot of string layers in the gap, I think they can make the string kinda bunch up in there. They are worse about this than a normal V groove. I’ve found that a string where the yoyo end of the string isn’t as tightly wound like kitty first class works best with this bearing.

I’ve noticed that some center track bearings have a longer sloping part, with the flat center track being narrower. The difference is fairly subtle and hard to see when looking at one by itself, but is noticeable when put in a yoyo with a narrower gap and you can see the string doesn’t ride as close to the response. It makes a real difference in a yoyo with a narrow gap or high walls, especially if the yoyo is tilted. They don’t seem to show up consistently in any one brand of yoyo and I haven’t been able to figure out a source for them. These are my absolute favorites and I’d love to find a source for them, but I think it might just be manufacturing variance.

3 Likes

My favorite bearings are north, south, east and west

But fr though Dif-E-Yo and YYR are the only way to go for bearings in my opinion.

3 Likes

North by northwest the best tho

3 Likes

It’s actually not V but some RR? :open_mouth:

Now both parnoRama and dioRama have an R bearing :tipping_hand_woman:

2 Likes