Favorite SE?

Also if you want you can tell which SE you use for what.

As for me I like Brass Domes for 1A and Aluminum Spikes for 5A although I have yet to try many SEs.

Aluminum spikes. Staying classy.

I prefer the lighter side effects, I use the lego alum primarily on my 54, and I’ve tried a couple different ones on my dietz, but the original dietz looks nice. I’m waiting for my ultralights, should get those today to test out on both. I started out really liking the weight of the brass, but have since retired my brass side effects.

Dave

i have aluminum spike SE on my code1 and i love the way it looks, but i would love to try the brass ones to feel the weight difference.

Lego side effects. I’ve only used a Code1 with domes but still who doesn’t love Legos?

Brass domes just for code 1 because it fells to light for me and awkward without them. For everything else stock or aluminum domes

The Ultra lights make my dietz happy.

(They also make me happy)

I’ve tried every single possible side effect combo on every one drop. (im a fan, if you couldn’t tell.) And my favorites so far are:
Code 1- stock SEs play the best, but if I’m feeling a little froggy ill slap some alum ultras on and go to town.
Dietz - I like it with alum domes, just a tad more stable.
Dang- also with alum domes, just needed a tad more weight.
54- ULTRALIGHTS for sure. But sometimes alum spikes.
To me the most versatile side effect has got to be the aluminum dome. It’s a good weight, its just enough without making it too light.

2 Likes

i like whatever ones you dont have

Loving the Brass Domes on the Dang. Nice weight for me and still looks nice.

One more… the DRI-YWET SE:

I like a lighter feel mostly and I want my yoyos to be as center weightless as possible…so AL ULs for me.

Well, to be honest. i like them all. It depends on the yoyo I am playing, but there is nothing like switching up the side effects from time to time to get a different feel from the yoyo.

This is a rather difficult question for me when it comes to Side effect based Onedrop yoyos. I’m the type of person that is constantly switching around different yoyos and with that, I am constantly switching out SEs too.

As far as I can tell for certain yoyos, I generally use:

Code1: I personally favor the Ywet effects because it builds up the most weight while making it feel entirely whole.

Code2: Its all about the black spikes. No doubt about it. The design of this particular throw fullly accepts the spikes and causes much havoc and awesomeness. Sup Jason Rod?

Dietz: I’ve come to be personal with the Aluminum domes for overall playability and look. The circular dome seems to just have a classy feel.

Dang: Well, considering this is one of my least favored Onedrop throws I have not experimented with it enough so I have kept the ultra lites on it. Those particular SEs simply benefit the design of the DANG. No hate at you Paul,

54: I’ve always balanced between three different SEs for this throw. Aluminum and Brass Domes and the Aluminum Spike. The spikes that initially come with it give the 54 such a smooth floaty feel but I am partial for weight and solid feel, so brass domes all the way.

~Z