Experience with Dark Matter?

I did a little bit of searching in the forum and have learned it is a type of ‘dry lube’ suspended in isopropyl alchohol. I can see what they are and how they work.

At this point, I’d like to hear the actual experince from you guys. I’m a little picky when it comes to the condition of a bearing like noise and how it feels all around. And want to see by how much it slows down a bearing comparing to keeping it dry.

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Dark Matter is excellent. I bought some on a recommendation from a friend. It both quiets and smooths out a bearing while remaining totally unresponsive and long lasting. Really good stuff!!

5 Likes

I’ve used it and it works great but I’ve also heard that it dries out in the dropper over time.

1 Like

Is there a way to remove the dry lube if I accidentally put in too much or if I just don’t like the feel of it?

1 Like

As far as I found, you may fill up the dried out bottle w/ isopropyl alchohol to bring it back to life.

1 Like

Good point. It gets me wondering too.

A normal bearing cleaning would do the trick, there’s really nothing magic about dry lube.

3 Likes