Is there any difference between different bearing lubes?

I heard dark matter from yyf and one drop lube is good, are they any different? If so then which one is better?

4 Likes

The dark matter lube from YYF is very different from conventional lubes. I suggest getting yourself the OneDrop V4M lube as the bottle is awesome (super easy to apply one drop, which is all you need really) and the lube works very well.

The dark matter lube is kind of a wet dry lube. Dry lube is normally a carbon based powder, usually graphite, that is applied to the bearing using a brush. It’s normally used for ceramic bearings. The dark matter lube has that carbon based powder suspended within a liquid that evaporates in air to make application easier and more uniform, which is why it’s kind of a wet dry lube. I’d say it’s something you should buy and try out, but it’s a bit of a risk as it doesn’t work the same as conventional lubes and can lock up your bearings if you apply too much of it (the carbon based powder won’t dissolve in most solutions you use to clean your bearings and it’s very hard to get it out via other means). You may very well not like the lube at all as it does have some break in period (for the liquid to evaporate) where the yoyo is responsive and you can’t really spin it out using a air compressor like you can with regular lube (the dry powder coating won’t be applied that way). However, it’ll keep your bearings lubricated for a very long time due to the nature of the coating and the bearing would likely spin smoother after the liquid has evaporated unlike conventional lubes.

4 Likes

A-rt says this is the best lol

2 Likes

I hope he’s kidding. :persevere: