Ergonomic keyboards

Hello all. I see a lot of programmers, data admin and the likes here. Anyone have a favorite ergonomic keyboard? My hands are KILLING me at work, so I’m looking to finally get an ergo set up. Anyone have experience with a Kinesis Advantage 360? They look PERFECT. My goal is an ergo keyboard, trackball mouse and a standing desk. I have the mouse down. If the Kinesis has good quality then I MAY be able to convince the boss man to let me get one. Otherwise, like every single other tool for my job, I’ll be buying it on my own.

2 Likes

My daily driver at home is an Ergodox EZ. I love it. I have a Kinesis Advantage (not 360) and its ergonomics are great; I mostly don’t like how much desk space it takes up.

I’ve mentioned a few times on the forum that the vast majority of my wrist pain was addressed by fixing my posture, not by a fancier keyboard. A standing desk did help with that, but these days I can sit in any well adjusted office chair with the tilt locked vertical and I’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I use the Kinesis Freestyle Pro with a lift kit so I can tent each side. It’s been my “go to” keyboard for years.

Long-Form-Pro-Features-Tent-276x186

3 Likes

I perform IT and generally order the k860 and pair it with an mx vertical or master

The most interesting to me though is the ZSA Moonlander in terms of quality.

2 Likes

I don’t own a ZSA Moonlander, but its design inspired me to look into building my own Redox keyboard

Moonlander:
moonlander

Redox:

Here’s the github link to the build guide for the Redox if anyone is interested:

3 Likes

How much did it cost you to build?

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

I’m still building mine, but I got most of my parts from this very helpful Etsy seller named “Beekeeb”.
As for the case of my Redox I’m having a friend 3D print it for me I’m just paying for filament.

All in all if you already got the soldering gear, I spent about $60 bucks on parts and plastic.

Here is link to the PCB kit I bought:

1 Like