Energy Drinks

H-h-h-happy new y-year, woooohoooooo.

Ize g-g-g-g-gonna c-c-c-c-crash-sh-sh-sh-sh…

I dont drink them anymore, they cost to much. I do drink a 2 liter of soda almost every day though.

we have a student aid in our math class and every day(which we switch between him and a girl)he brings in a 2 liter of pop.

cool story about monsters. they were invented in my city Medina, Ohio for the medina monsters our wrestling team :slight_smile: :wink:

Don’t energy drinks mke you guys feel bad?

No they giveyou a boost of energy. I don’t drink them because of the energy, mostly the taste. Example. Way back when when I had trouble with a mile(don’t lie, every new runner goes through this problem) I ran 2 miles straight after a amp. Warning, don’t try, that is actually pretty bad and energy drinks dehydrate. So in moderation, energy drinks arnt any better or worse than say a twix bar. Short burst of energy, good taste. But too many energy drinks can lead to bad health.life lesson kiddo

I think they’re pretty gross and I don’t like the sugar and caffeine rush.

The one exception is five hour energy. Not a lot of sugar and caffeine, but it seems to help me if I need to get something accomplished on rare occasions.

Isn’t it bland and disgusting tasting?

Yup. It tastes crappy too, but it’s very small and I don’t drink it for the taste.

If people drank enough water and ate good food none of this “energy” crap would be an issue.

I don’t think that the problem is people not realizing what you say. I think it’s pretty obvious that getting a substantial amount of sleep, having a good diet, and staying hydrated is essential to have energy and to live a healthy life in general. The main problem is that this is just to hard for most people to do (myself included).

That’s not always the case.

Try working 20+ hour days for months at a time.

When I do SacAnime, the room I get at the hotel is merely a place to shower and change. I barely got an sleep last time.

Thursday: Load-in 6PM. Set up 2 complete PA’s. Time to compleition: 4:30AM
Friday: up at 6AM. Fine tune all 3 PAs is why I’m up so early.
After band performance after all day full of events, I have to prep main events for rave and move big console and associated gear to outdoor ampitheater for next night’s concert. Time finished: 4AM. Would have gone smoother but moving gear through waves of ravers ain’t easy.
Saturday: up at 6AM. Move lighting from main events for panels and cosplay(crew did this) while I have to wait for the “fair” events to clear so I finish setting for concert. After concert, have to move lights back for rave. While rave going on, bring out ampitheater gear to truck. Completion: 6AM.
8AM sunday: back at it. Last events end at 4PM. Strike and load-out. Exit venue: 7PM.
Only food was a big breakfast each day and water all day long. NO energy drinks.

I won’t argue good food and proper hydration, but some people work a lifestyle that doesn’tt always allow for proper anything.

drinkin a 16 oz red bull to get pumped for new years eve! pullin an all-nighter!

Ugh. I never really liked them. Coffee or espresso is fine if I want some caffeine.

I might get in a habit of having a lot of caffeine a day, but having a lot all at once makes me feel horrible.

I have ADHD so they don’t do much. They make me sleepy if anything.

I used to drink them very rarely. Now I don’t drink them at all (no desire to).

I ocassionally drank Red Bull (if I got it for free), Monster (if I got it for free), and Full Throttle. Full Throttle was the only one I ever actually payed for.

I know people who are obsessed with Monster. But it’s not even good, so I don’t understand why. That was one of the reasons I stopped drinking them. They don’t even taste good most of the time, so you’re drinking this big can of alright drink that has way too much crap in it that you don’t need in your body.

1 Like

Redbull with vodka.

Studio42, to put it simply, you aren’t exactly a regular case. Most people don’t even realize that they can manage a healthy lifestyle.

Amp overdrive (the red one) all the way!!!