Elliot Jackson Chief

Better by what measurement? More major contest victories have been won on Supernovas than Chiefs…

Lets not start stating our opinions as facts. I didn’t really click with my Chief and in fact I traded mine for a 7075 Yuji Ed. Supernova, a trade which I don’t regret at all because I personally prefer the Supernova.

Just because someones prefers the Chief doesn’t make it ‘better’ by any tangible standards, and just because it’s more expensive doesn’t mean it’s a great trade. It all boils down to the original poster and what he prefers and/or if he plans on re-selling it one day. Granted, a Chief is a more sought after yoyo than the Supernova, but that doesn’t mean that it’s worth the trade if the OP turns out not to like the Chief.

As far as real world BST dollar value and not magical unicorn land fantasy world value where people just roll their face across their numpad to come up with a value, the Chief is probably 90-100 and the Supernova is probably 60-70.

Adding 30 to the Supernova for the Chief would be very fair. Trading up is a lot more difficult than trading down.

See this is why we don’t compare other yo-yos with CLYW. lol

Doesn’t really matter what I think or anybody else in this post think, if you think it’s a good deal it is. One is not made better then the other. production value is the same.
As for people saying one plays better then the other. If you see someone saying that remember their name. They are someone who is giving biased opinions and should not be listened too. There are more of them here then people who give level headed non biased advice.
Personally I wouldn’t trade for the chief, unless it was strait across, but then again I am very frugal with my yoyo’s and won’t pay more then 60 for any yoyo.
The real story here is those two yoyos play very different. If you haven’t played a chief it might be worth it just too simply get better depth of knowledge in yoyos. Just remember its normally easier to trade away something then it is too trade for it back. I have traded away yoyos i my past I regret very much.

I’ve owned a chief since 2011, I traded it two weeks ago, for a Skyline.