El Mijo - It sings!

I received one of two El Mijo yoyos I ordered today. I believe it is the older version. It is beautiful, I have the red (pink) one. Perfect fit and finish and it comes with several spare parts and a bearing removal tool.

I replaced the “thick” bearing with the included “thin” bearing - D size. I placed a small drop of lube on the new bearing as I like responsive throws.

It throws flawlessly, just as I like. (It reminds me of my RBC.) It is very smooth and is comfortable in the hand during play.

The amazing thing: It sings as you throw it. It actually emits a pleasant tone as you are playing. I have never had another yoyo that has this behavior. Maybe mine is unique? :slight_smile:

13 Likes

If it’s a splash color (red/pink?) then it’s the original version. The very recently released 6061 version only has 4 solid colors that I am aware of. (dark red, teal, royal blue, and grey) They also have 6061 engraved on the rims.

4 Likes

It is not a splash. I would call it solid red but has pinkish tint. It does not have 6061 engraved on the rims.

I do have one of the new one on the way from the recent pre-order.

It is a very nice throw. It really does sing…

4 Likes

They are hollow which is why you get that sing sound. Awesome yoyos!

4 Likes

Thanks guys! @fos1 the one you received is the 7075 version and yes, it makes like a singing sound. As @AKYOYOMIKE mentioned, the reason of that particular sound is because it is hollowed.

You are also correct @Malachi, the new version has the 6061 engraved to differentiate it from the 7075 version.

Thanks for all your support!!!

5 Likes

BTW, pre-orders are gone. A good portion of the run of the El MiJo 6061 are in Europe and in Japan. Less than 80 will be in North America.

6 Likes

I love the singing of this yoyo as well. The fixed axle has a particularly nice tone.

2 Likes

Sometimes wing shaped yo-yos have a great “whoosing” sound which is cool. My General You Prodigy comes to mind.

2 Likes

I have numerous other hollow body aluminum yoyos. None of them produce a clear bell like tone like this yoyo.

2 Likes

It could be the concave cup that enhances the sound. El MiJo 6061 might have a higher note :notes:

4 Likes

I actually identified the pitch of one of my yo-yos. Could be used as a tuner. I wondered if all of the same model rang at the same pitch. Probably, or most likely yes.

5 Likes

Playing these 2 today unresponsive for comparison.
You won’t be disappointed with either such great slim yoyos. I have not tried fixed 6061 yet, but I’ll probably do that to tomorrow.

7 Likes

Enjoy the sound!! :notes:

@fos1 you peeked my curiosity so I used a sound tuner and the sound of the El MiJo (original) is almost a perfect G!!

4 Likes

Haha that’s fantastic

2 Likes

Sounds correct. It is a very pure pleasant tone.

2 Likes

Maybe one in Mexico :wink:

3 Likes

Hello fellowship of the Yoyo! I have a Mijo and really like the sound it makes when you throw it
I like the singing of his steel as they would say in game of thrones.
I also hope to receive soon my 6061 that preordered

4 Likes

I received a blue 6061 version from the pre-order yesterday (5/2/2022). Just like the earlier version it is flawless and plays well beyond my capability.

But, it hasn’t yet learned to sing like pink one. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @Polo117 – hopefully you receive El Mijo 6061 soon!

Great @fos1 ! I am pretty sure it will learn how to sing :smile:

2 Likes