EDIT: Counterweight discussion + people calling each other immature and laughing

It’s worth as much as people are willing to pay.

1 Like

^ Exactly!

Personally I wouldn’t pay more than a couple bucks for a counter-weight. I mean if you think about it they are just plastic dice. You could probably find a plastic dice elsewhere and drill a hole in it for a lot less.

An idea I got from someone on the forums a while ago was taking the heads off of old broken action figures, like He-Man or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or something like that, and drilling a hole. I think these would make boss CWs. You can find them often at garage sales or ebay.

Just do some searching. You can get like 200 dice for like $15, and they are the perfect weight to.

You guys don’t seem to be grasping the concept.

You can buy a bootleg Sleipnir for less than half the price of a legit one. Does that mean it’ll be just as desirable in the community? Heck no.

Clear dice are sought after by many due to it’s rarity and swag. They don’t make them anymore making them more desirable (much like a Peak or Bape). Thus people want them.

Not everyone wants a clear dice…but when they do…they pay bookoo bucks for them.

I don’t know how else to put it so I’ll leave it at that.

No sense in wasting time and energy arguing. It is what it is.

We completely grasp the concept. I think you’re missing OUR point.

At the end of the day it’s just a counterweight, it’s just clear dice. I don’t think collectors item. It’s not a Bape or Peak. You can simply drill a hole in any clear dice with the same specs at home to make the counterweight. You can’t simply make a Bape or Peak at home. IMO, paying “bookoo” bucks for a counterweight you can make at home is silly. When I see I counter weight I don’t think “wow” that clear dice has swag! I’d notice the yoyo or the player LONG before I notice a counterweight. There’s no shortage of counteweights. There is a shortage of Bapes and Peaks. The gang who collects counterweights is a pretty exclusive club. Look at this guy getting all defensive about counterweights. Most of us don’t care how rare a counterweight is. I’ll make my own.

No I’m not missing that concept.

I have stated it over and over again.

I’m not about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a clear dice. Or any CW for that matter.

Collector’s will though.

And I’m not being defensive…I’m trying to get my point across.

Can we please end this conversation.

no.

And on that note, There was a kid at nationals who’s Dad helped make a bunch of custom clear dice. Crazy accurate, we compared it to a real duncan clear dice and you honestly couldn’t tell the difference.
He actually managed to sell one to someone for 20 bucks (he had like 10) and a bunch of us were like “dude, you’re gonna make huge profit.” He sold some more as well, I wish I knew who he was, cause he said his Dad would help him make more of em.

J

Hmm i didnt know a piece of plastic could have swag.

Well I guess they can.

Good to know there’s knockoff’s floating around…and you’re advocating them.

Good luck to anyone trying to find them online though. Seriously.

And Jayyo. Why do you have to instigate?

Also…you have to have swag to recognize it. Word.

swag/swag/
Noun:
An ornamental festoon of flowers, fruit, and greenery: “ribbon-tied swags of flowers”.

WOW SWAG ID LOVE SOME!

http://www.flower-arrangement-advisor.com/images/christmas_swag.jpg
^^^ Hey look a christmas themed swag! ^^^

I got one in my Bathroom. #SWAG

P.S. Guys cool your jets the question was answered let it be.

Why does it have to be exactly the same? Not everyone has the same preferences for weight and size. Are you saying the clear dice you own are perfection and nothing better has existed or will exist? Hahahahaha! That’s funny. Since everyone loves them so much, and are the pinnacle of perfection why doesn’t Duncan make them anymore? They just made clear light up counterweights that are 21 mm and 10-11 grams, blue pips. I have one, it seems to fit the bill just fine. I’m sure there are other counterweights that work just as well.

Who called you dumb? If you’re happy paying $20 for a piece of plastic, more power to you.

Don’t you mean 21mm and 11g?

Double-post.

This thread truly shows how immature it’s forum goers are…

D00D CLEER DIEC R TEH BESHT EEF U SAY UDDERWIZE U R DUM >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This thread now has practically nothing to do with that dice.

's all about the swag, bro.

But doesn’t it speak volumes to the value of some arbitrary counterweight?

This is all about perception. If you believe that some particular item or (counterweight) has some great value - then you will pay accordingly. If the market will bear it - then that is the price. Beware the hype, however. The realization that the price is based on hype - will bring price crashing to earth when the market understands hype vs. value.