Duplicitous - an ambi-movement

Welcome to the new ambi movement. This is to be my new crowning jewel for the yoyo world. Enjoy!

-Connor Scholten

#Make2aAmbidexterousAgain

13 Likes

Normally when you see 2a, they will wear one sleeve and arm wrap by making the sleeping yoyo on their strong hand manipulate the string on the wrist on their weak hand. This leads to your strong hand having a different skill set than your weak hand. Making 2a at the highest level to be fundamentally non-symmetrical ever since arm wraps started being discovered circa year 2000.

I decided to rectify that starting 8 years ago by learning to be ambidextrous in my arm wrapping. Watch both wrists as I basically had to relearn 2a arm wrapping from scratch left handed in order to be able to do the tricks on both of my wrists here. This is not your typical 2a video in the sense that I am doing tricks but basically showing to the other 2a players that we can take the style into this ambidextral realm and discover an ocean of new possibilities within it like transitions between wraps and many other ideas.

I hope this creates understanding, and I hope that this video does not fall into obscurity just because of some technicality or miscommunication.

I will be showing this later in other styles too, I have offstring and freehand techniques that benefit from ambidexterous perspectives.

Figured I should give an explanation since I have had several messages from people indicating this concept is going over their head.

2 Likes

My nationals freestyle too!

2 Likes