Duncan Titanium Freehand One

Just saw this post on IG. It will have aluminum caps.

8 Likes

October 1st

3 Likes

Wonder how much its gonna be

2 Likes

Over priced to make up for National Yo-Yo mess up.

10 Likes

:face_vomiting:ā€¦ nope

3 Likes

Man just went back and read the thread on the YYD issues. If thereā€™s anything Iā€™m glad I missed in the last 14 months, itā€™s that. Hopefully the TiFHO can be purchased here on good olā€™ YYE, and for a reasonable price considering it will likely have QC issues >.>

3 Likes

They did tag yoyoexpert in the post

3 Likes

My order from the Duncan fiasco vaporized. AND, still no correction email AND their website is still vaporware. :frowning:

3 Likes

i started yoyoinā€™ 'bout 7 or so years after the fh1 came out. the fhz was the successor.

when the aluminum fh1s came out, i got (2) :slight_smile: iā€™m goinā€™ to try and cop this one - more for nostalgia than anythinā€™ else.

mgodzilla

sunnyā€¦

5 Likes

I should have one also.

3 Likes

$350 is a little steep. Was hoping a larger company could have met a better MOQ and got that down a bit. Oh well guess Iā€™ll be living vicariously through others on this one.

5 Likes

I appreciate the insight! Still out of my price range, but it makes a little more sense when lumping Ti in with other precious metals. I was ignorantly running under the assumptions that itā€™s just a material. An expensive material, but still just raw material. Crazy to think of it as a PM like gold, though it makes sense.

Edit: I done learnā€™t something today

4 Likes

Titanium is not a precious metal.

Gold, silver, and platinum are precious metals.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t miss an opportunity!

3 Likes

Iā€™m honestly content with my gravity. After all the negative press Duncan has received on this forum seems like support should I get a dud would be lack luster.

3 Likes

Looks like I won one. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know. Merry Christmas!!!

20 Likes

Congrats @Grendel!!!

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!

6 Likes

Ok, itā€™s really sweet. Feels just like my favorite Takeshi FhZ. Itā€™s light, you could almost think itā€™s plastic. Taking it through its paces Itā€™s a fine Duncan. I want to take off the aluminum caps and try it naked however Iā€™m not sure how so Iā€™ve just left it as I got it. Canā€™t say if the price point is valid because Iā€™ve spent more on less. I like it. First Ti Duncan. I think Iā€™m going to keep it around. Glad to see Duncan finally getting the wooden boxes right. I sent Hoodlum and Deth Mgs and only Dethā€™s box made it home unaltered. If youā€™ve Got the cash and the wantyness then definitely pick one up, if you can, I got this as a prize from another company for Christmas so lucky me however if you purchase one I believe you will be pleased like I am. Anyway thatā€™s all got to say concerning the Ti Freehand. Much thanks from everyone involved from design to manufacturing. Happy New Year yā€™all!!

The finish is raw and itā€™s nice.

18 Likes

It plays really good with the plastic caps also. The compressed air method works easy.

@yoyodoc also has a video demonstration on the compressed air technique

8 Likes