Duncan’s Rise

That’s awesome, throw Duncan!

2 Likes

Yea sounds like I’m just getting bad luck of the draw here

4 Likes

Definitely could be bad luck. I got a Haymaker AL in April straight from Duncan and a Haymaker X in August from YoyoExpert. Both are flawless, the X being so close to perfection that it’s in my top three.

3 Likes

I really think with Duncan it depends on what you’re buying. If you’re buying one of the yoyo’s that are sold in big box stores for under 20 bucks, the experience seems to be hit or miss. I was speaking with someone earlier today who purchased a Duncan for his kid, and they were really having trouble with the yoyo. I’ve purchased a few Duncan’s in the past (all under 20) and they have just felt like lower quality / toy grade plastic, if that makes any sense.

It seems that where Duncan shines though is their higher end throws, such as the GTX. I would be willing to give them another shot due to the positive feedback here, but it seems like their introductory stuff is hit or miss.

3 Likes

Haymaker x might be the best Duncan ever created

3 Likes

My Freehand One AL plays just fine. Very smooth player.

3 Likes

I have a Haymaker X that I bought during a June sale a couple of years ago. It is very well made. It just feels bigger during throws than I like so it is not my favorite.

3 Likes

Which is your favourite Duncan bi metal?

I’ve got a grasshopper 2.0 and currently have a Yoshicuda x on the way

1 Like

Maybe somethings wrong with mine then clearly. I should contact Duncan

4 Likes

I love how you’ve displayed them! You have more butterflies than I have total number of throws in my collection🙂.

2 Likes

Probably the coolest picture I’ve seen this year. And for the record I Love Duncan- which is why this is getting to me lol

4 Likes

I also can’t say anything bad regarding Duncan quality. In the last 5-6 years I’ve purchased several Duncans: Grasshopper GTX (an amazingly smooth bi-metal), 3 aluminum free hands (5A, Steve Brown, Samurai), Exit 8 the new Metal Bumblebee and 3 plastic Free Hand throws. Absolutely no issues with any of them as far as quality goes. Very smooth and they all look great. I don’t like that the metal bumblebee isn’t responsive at all but I can’t complain about the quality or smoothness.

Sorry to hear of your issues. Sounds like a truly remarkable run of bad luck. Or, maybe mine was a run of good fortune.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

7 Likes

Hey man you made a thread about a concern you had. Multiple people spoke up with comments that were mostly contrary to your view. You listened to what was said and reevaluated your position instead of coming out with a flamethrower. Thats the way its supposed to work. I typically go the flamethrower route.

7 Likes

Honestly now I’m
More bummed cause it’s just my bad luck hahahahah.

But good on Duncan, glad people aren’t experiencing what I am!!!

6 Likes

Contact them, they’ll get you sorted.

Im a Duncan fanboy for sure. But issues happen.

(not all picture :wink: )
Ive bought quite a few Duncans. Very rarely have i had issues.

11 Likes

Never had issues, could just be bad luck😔

1 Like

GH 2, just because of the shape.

2 Likes

Over the Haymaker X?

Have you ever tried the Yoshicuda X?

I have had my eye on that one for awhile and may have to pick it up soon

2 Likes

9 months ago i had a GTR-JS that came with a very strong string vibe. They sent me another one as a replacement, they didn’t ask for the vibey gtr-js back.
Came 10/10 smooth. Their after-sales service is sensational. Just like the after sales department at the store next door, “sam” of the yoyo.

4 Likes