Duncan Presents: Orbital and Grasshopper GTX 2.0! - Releasing 4/27/23 - 8pm ET!

Orbital-GTX-Featured

Signature series of three-time EYYC champion, the Orbital GTX 2.0 by Tal Mordoch!

The Orbital GTX 2.0 is a significant upgrade that demonstrates just how much the Orbital series has evolved over time. Designed with competition-level play in mind, this yo-yo boasts a wide, powerful, and floaty design that will take your tricks to the next level. But it’s not just about size and power; the 2.0 is also designed for comfort and control, with a small catch zone that makes for an elegant and satisfying yo-yo experience.

Gold-Gold-Rings-Orbital-GTX Gold-Gold-Rings-Orbital-GTX-3 Gold-Gold-Rings-Orbital-GTX-2

Compared to its predecessor, the Orbital GTX 2.0 is even more refined and optimized for top-level performance. The lowered rim makes it easier to catch, even at high speeds, and the weight distribution is perfectly calibrated for rail combos and horizontal tricks. Despite being light on the string, this yo-yo has unmatched spin time, thanks to its consistent weight distribution and rim-weighted design.

Another significant improvement in the 2.0 is the updated gap, which makes binding easier and more consistent. This change affects the entire dynamic play of the yo-yo, making it smoother and more effortless for regens and binds.

Signature series of three-time EYYC champion, the Orbital GTX 2.0 by Tal Mordoch!  The Orbital GTX 2.0 is a significant upgrade that demonstrates just how much the Orbital series has evolved over time. Designed w…

If you were a fan of the original Orbital GTX, you’ll love the 2.0 even more. With its blend of power, control, and comfort, this yo-yo is sure to take your play to new heights. So whether you’re a seasoned competitor or a casual player looking to up your game, the Orbital GTX 2.0 is the yo-yo for you.

From Tal Mordoch : “Our three main objectives for the new Orbital were to improve spin time, control, and comfort. We achieved this by changing the weight distribution and increasing the rim weight, resulting in longer spin time and better control. We also found the sweet spot between softness and sharpness, resulting in a more comfortable yoyo with an angular look. The new Orbital is a must-try and I’m excited for everyone to experience it!”

Grasshopper-GTX2-Featured

When designing yo-yos for champions, we set them up for long-term success. Introducing the Grasshopper GTX 2.0, the signature yo-yo of world champion Janos Karancz!

After two years of redesigning and refining, we ensured that the Grasshopper GTX 2.0 satisfied Janos’s preferences and met our team’s requirements for a bi-metal competition yo-yo, which is our best-selling model. One of the most significant changes we made was to the inside diameter, the hub, and the weight distribution. Let’s break it down.

Red-Silver-Rings-Grasshopper-GTX2 Red-Silver-Rings-Grasshopper-GTX2-3 Red-Silver-Rings-Grasshopper-GTX2-2

We added the hub to extend the yo-yo’s durability, as our team continues to evolve their tricks with more extreme and intense maneuvers, and it needs to withstand unnecessary hits or drops. The inside circumference was a required change to provide full control of the yo-yos. We optimized the Grasshopper GTX 2.0 for slack, rejections, and change of direction tricks that Janos is famous for. The weight distribution was slightly adjusted to maximize spin-time for longer tricks and sideways moves.

In summary, the Grasshopper GTX 2.0 is a thrilling yo-yo that will take you on a complete roller coaster ride of goodness once you try it. Don’t wait any longer, order yours today and experience the exceptional performance and craftsmanship of a champion’s yo-yo!

When designing yo-yos for champions, we set them up for long-term success. Introducing the Grasshopper GTX 2.0, the signature yo-yo of world champion Janos Karancz!  From Janos Karancz-  "The main improvement of …

From Janos Karancz:

“The main improvement of the new Grasshopper GTX is its weight distribution, which has transformed its agility while retaining the stability of the original model. It is effortless to play with for hours without feeling fatigued. Holding it in my hand feels natural, and it handles any trick with ease.”

16 Likes

Stoked for the Grasshopper. I just hope it still has at least a little heavier feel and string presence like the OG. I personally thought that’s what made it great

2 Likes

This is a yoyo drop I’m excited for. I would like to know how they kept the feeling of stability and power while still making the yoyo flow. It seems like the grasshopper 2.0 is kind of like the original grasshopper GTX but with more GTR design.

1 Like

that grasshopper GTX is kinda calling my name wow

3 Likes

That Grasshopper GTX (Silver with rainbow rings )is so good looking. Plain with just a little personality.

I really wish Duncan had done the same with the orbital. Not a fan of fades with rainbow rings.

3 Likes

I love the Orbital GTX 2.0, seems a great player and a very fun yoyo but not super in love with the colours, the price is also very good for a bimetal.

For someone that has the GTR-JS do you think the GXT 2.0 can add something?

1 Like

Duncan just dropped this video this morning…WOW! :fire:

Janos Karancz Grasshopper GTX 2.0

18 Likes

i couldnt resist the call, rainbow clear incoming <3

1 Like

I actually had the honor of playing Kris Toledo’s at PNWR last weekend and it was a BEAST!!

While I was shredding my autopilot tricks, I couldn’t believe how LONG the yo-yo was spinning for. It literally felt like it could spin for days LOL.

It makes sense because it does weight a little heavier than the previous model and current ones coming out, but trust me it doesn’t feel like it while playing!!

Also to top it off the price is amazing for this powerful of a Bi-metal yo-yo.

9 Likes

Sick video, Janos is a bad man.

Kinda miss those black magic injection tricks hes so slick with.

that video is full of insane tricks, his execution looks so laidback and effortless! hopefully my grasshopper gtx2.0 enables me to do 1/10th of them lol

1 Like

Thanks so much for the description Eric, now is even harder resist to take one, I am absolutely loving the Gtr-JS (which was my first Duncan), so I am looking for a second one to add to my daily rotation and the Orbital Gtx 2 seems a good one.

Very undecided about the colours wish they used the same as the grasshopper or the Gtr-Js.

Or wait, my English is a bit of a mess did you tried the gtr-Js and get super impressed by it?

3 Likes

Had to order the grasshopper 2.0 that red is sick wow looks like it is stable and better

Will let u all know how i like it once its here

2 Likes

Having a chance to try one of the Grasshoppers at PNWR, I will say its worth the hype. The Orbital is still good but between the two there is a clear winner for me: Grasshopper. That being said I have an Orbital 2 which I have been seshing on endlessly! Regardless of which you go with there is no real wrong answer.

Its been awesome to see Duncan come out full force with the JS, Hank yoyo’s, and now these.

4 Likes

I love my gtr its awesome. Its cool they improved the og throws of duncans best whats next … hmmm

1 Like

Duncan is my favorite compamy for great throws u cant beat what they are doing plays above thr price range

3 Likes

Guys for you that have tried/bought it, do you think for someone that has the GTR-JS it worth to buy one of those and if yes which one?

3 Likes

I have most of the duncan bimetals, including the JS and got to try both of the new GTX 2.0’s at DXL last Sunday.

If it were me, I would want the Grasshopper 2.0 to pair with the JS.

The JS is light, agile, floaty, and wide, designed for modern competitive play that includes horizontal. The Grasshopper is the opposite, smaller width, heavier rims, it’s something I would develop/learn tricks on, or use for extended combos, playing slower, more methodical, and I don’t think Janos throws much zontal, so it’s really not aimed for that.

The Orbital isn’t bad, but I think it’s nice to pair two different styles of yoyos together to give you a wider range of options to choose from.

10 Likes

Cool u try the new grasshopper gtx2 i cant wait to try it smaller width and heavier slightly then js

3 Likes