Dressel Designs: Connection drops TODAY @YYE booth and DD webstore

Beautiful pics!

Just ordered a raw Assassin, glad I didn’t miss it.

1 Like

It’s fantastic. I have been throwing it exclusively, with a little Oasis for good measure. For me, it checks all the boxes.

1 Like

Those two together are a great combo!

1 Like

They are! I haven’t picked up anything else since getting the Assassin until today. Threw the Oasis for a bit and it’s such a great throw. I love the power of the Oasis, but the zippiness of the Assassin. They’re my only SS throws, and I really like it. A lot different from AL, and I kind of prefer it. It even sounds amazing! So after getting the Oasis, I saw you previewing the Assassin, and it was a no-brainer. Haven’t picked up anything else.

3 Likes

Steel is my favorite as well.

SS + d bearing produces the most, and I mean THE MOST satisfying bind. I cannot put it down. One of those throws where I neen to get my hands on a second one. DD made something super special with this one.

3 Likes

Yes I agree.

I got mine in the mail today. This thing has some crazy power for it’s size. I’m comparing it to some of my smaller throws: snack, dunk rebound, and daredevil. Better than the snack, and definitely giving the other 2 a run for their money. I’ll put on some thinner string this week and break it in some more. This might be my favorite throw I’ve bought this year.

3 Likes

I got to play with one of these at club. Such a fun YoYo

1 Like

Arrived yesterday. The perfect EDC! Zippy, alive-feeling and surprising powerful. Binds are satisfyingly snappy, and it rewards good technique. Looking forward to throwing it a little more over the next week. If you’re on the fence, I would pick one up asap. Wholeheartedly recommend the Assassin V2 - so much so that when I was picking up replacement HKMT pads elsewhere, the blackout colourway might have snuck into my cart.

3 Likes

Any updates on B-grades for the retirement run?

1 Like

Whenever I’m able to get centering bearings for them, they’ll be listed. If you’re comfortable with buying one with just a flat bearing, Pm me.

6 Likes

Dressel Designs Presents: Connection

Back in March of 2022 following the success of the Emotion, @MaximShoots over at EditionYoyo and some random yoyo reviewer you may know as @KirbyRobot were begging for a bimetal version and I got to work.

I quickly realized through many attempts at a bimetal CAD that it would be near impossible to create without an odd aesthetic with the weight rings, major changes to specs, or a ridiculously heavy weight. The main concern here was losing that stepped lower rim in the cup of the design, which was a huge part of the Emotion’s overall aesthetic.

After taking a break and coming back to the design a few weeks later, I thought about creating the stepped rim aesthetic by using a different material. Thus Connection prototype 1 was born. We created a sandwich between the Aluminum and Steel with a large plastic piece which simulated the stepped rim aesthetic in the cup of the Emotion, but allowed us to pack a lot of extra weight to the SS rim. The result was an aesthetically striking and classy design with a very unique complexity to it. This design had the same specs as the original Emotion, but was about 1 gram lighter.

Unfortunately this design did have some issues, specifically in playfeel and performance that ultimately outweighed how much we loved the aesthetic. Removing all of that inner rim/mid weight from replacing the aluminum with polycarbonate and placing it in the SS ring caused a huge amount of sluggishness or lag to the design during play. It moved well enough but felt like it needed a ton of input for it to move, so back to the drawing board I went with a new obstacle to tackle on a design with a ton of potential.

How were we able to get more weight balanced across the rim to potentially fix this issue? My proposed changes started with a lighter overall weight and an increase in diameter, but the real magic was in the overhaul of the rim design. By replacing the previously outer ring design with a more midship stainless steel ring, this allowed us to spread the weight out more evenly across the rim, which effectively removes the sluggishness we felt in our first prototype. Additionally, it still kept its insane power due to an increase in diameter and having the weight still concentrated at the points furthest from the center of the yoyo.

This new prototype would eventually become the production model you see before you, and features the following specs:

55.8mm Diameter
46mm Width
64.8g Weight
4.5mm Gap
7075 AL + PC + SS

Lastly, I’d like to shout out one of our top tier Patreon members Bryan for coming up with the name during a chat one day, a smart play on words that pays homage to its older brother Emotion and it’s tri-material design, and our graphic designer Appen for the amazing work on the airdrop engraving on the rim!

If you made it this far let us know what you love most about this design and which color is your favorite!

Connection will be available soon direct and through retailers. #BeConnected

30 Likes

Gosh guys, please be mindful playing with fire, this yoyo looks S I C K !

5 Likes

What a great yoyo

10 Likes

How does this compare to something like the Monarch?

2 Likes

Can’t wait! When is the release!

1 Like

Incredibly excited for this to be in my hands.

3 Likes

Dude this is absolutely incredible looking. Please be soon lol

2 Likes