Dreamcraft

I’ll just sit and wait for the drop playing my orange till I get my asora lol

2 Likes

I had a panorama for a while and, although I did love it, I felt like it lacked the weight and stability the Asora offers. That being said, I only ever played it with a flat C bearing. Maybe a U bearing would have made it power through things better.

3 Likes

I think pano loses its magic when you take the flat bearing out. It plays “better” but it feels very generic to me.

I know what you mean though. Some brass side effects help, but like I said, nothing feels quite like the Asora. At least, nothing I’ve played.

Honestly, the kommune might feel a little closer than the pano. No side effects though. I feel like the customizability of the Asora is what makes it great.

If you want to try a kommune, I have a bgrade I’d send you for the cost of shipping.

3 Likes

Oh man, I appreciate that! I’ll do a bit of research on it and see how I feel about it. At the moment I’m kinda debating between a MMC and Parlay. Unfortunately though neither are readily available.

1 Like

Parlay isn’t that close in my opinion, even the End Part 2 is more similar.

6 Likes

Ah ok good to know! So maybe just the MMC then.

1 Like

Never even heard of the End Part 2. I’ll do a bit of reading.

I think it’s actually a really good option, just a little bit less performance because of the smaller size but you won’t feel bad about owning both when you finally do get an Asora.

1 Like

Machined delrin caps! Buy a few pairs if you decide to get some. I ordered two, and had to take one from each set to get two that sit snuggly and don’t spin and rattle in the Asora v3. Luckily the remaining caps fit perfectly in my Ari.

7 Likes

I didn’t know these came back in stock, that’s great.

If you do have issues with loose caps, take a bit of super glue and dab just a little bit along the diameter of the cap. Take anything like a piece of paper, card, whatever, and smooth it out along the cap. Make sure to let it dry, and it should fit snug.

As for metal caps, it’s highly RNG based on Asora’s tolerances itself, and the AL cap tolerances as well. I will say that I NEVER intended for these to work with AL caps and that was just a lucky bonus.

I tried to find a cap supplier for Asora’s release but it’s … ironically really tough. I would like to have caps in the future for people to pick up.

6 Likes

Yeah I thought they were just a one time thing as left overs from the Japanese FH Mg release. I ordered some aluminum ones too but they don’t fit in either the Ari or Asora unfortunately.

2 Likes

Are the AL ones raw, and are they too large or too small?

Listed as clear coat, they fall out of the Asora so I assumed they were too small at first, but they are too big for the Ari, so using what I learned from the Delrin caps they must be too big for both yoyos.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been seeing this happen.

The tolerances have to be perfect for both to fit, and I honestly think that the tolerances are more often then not, off on Asora, not the caps.

Pushing the diameter of Asora’s ring to make it a bit wider to accommodate AL caps based on the tolerances is something I’m not really interested in doing since it’s already to me, at the limit of what I’d like to go. Any bigger and you’ll have even more rattling plastic caps - they simply won’t fit anymore.

Smaller diameter fits better for Plastic caps, but alternatively, there’s no benefit to going bigger imo.

My suggestion would be to sand down the AL caps edge with a high grit.

4 Likes

Honestly if you want something that feels like asora in the hand I would recommend tracking down a gorge. As far as looks and feel in the hand the gorge is identical to asora, just a big bigger and feels heavier but that’s cuz it’s a bimetal. Actually now that I think about it’s basically a bi metal asora without side effects. The blasted finish even feels identical

1 Like

Asora drop update.

This Friday, 10.11.24.

25 Likes

Is that the weight with the side effects? Microcaps?

1 Like

Yep! With Micros.

2 Likes

In the specs it says, ‘material/aluminum’.

What grade of aluminum for $120?

2 Likes

All of the versions are 7068 from FPM.

7 Likes