Dont You Hate "You Paid $60 for a yoyo"!

Say you can do whatever you want to do with your money.

YES!!! i hate it. i told my friend that i would be getting a new 888 for $100 and he freaked out and every day everybody always asks me why would you pay $100 for a yoyo?!?! i hate it

1 Like

ye i hate that… >:(
i bought new breed that is 40$ and they said,“Really?i would go buy something like cloth,shopping,etc” i hate that.
i said i will buy yoyo 100$ ,and they all freaked out.

I love it when that happens, got to love the sound of “Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang”!

Oh wow Samad I didn’t know you were a your mom person…
Haha! I really need to use that…
But what if it’s my teacher?

no difference!

Well if I used it with my teacher, I would get in trouble.

Awww, I guess. But where’s the fun in staying out of trouble?

True dat!

We’re rolling in to a massive upswing in yo-yo sales, possibly even another boom.

As such, it might be a better tact if you find a way to educate them a little without, as someone mentioned, immediately resorting to “your mom” jokes. ::slight_smile:

I usually respond with “Well, just like any hobby, the equipment varies. A decent yo-yo starts around $4, and they can go all the way up to $500. Most of what I use is under $50, though, and you can get a competition-worthy yo-yo these days for $30 or less.”

If you give them just enough information for them to make sense of the whole thing, at least half the time they’ll simply nod and say “Oh wow, really?”

When people say that, you’ve got to remember that they are struggling to understand something they have no experience or frame of reference for. Personally, I remember being absolutely staggered the first time I realized that a pair of jeans could cost more than $40. Now I’m wearing Flat Heads every day.

All it takes is a little education, and you’ll find that information goes a lot further than “your mom” jokes.

4 Likes