Dogma vs aviator 2

I was wondering which one is better cause they cost the same amout

They’re both great, and it would depend on your preferences and your style. I suggest you get one, and then go back and get the other one later. When I think of Aviator, I think of speed without it being super solid. Dogma just seems so super stable and chill. I think Dogma is perfect for people who have a relaxed play style. Dogma just seems so easy to play, kind of effortless. I just depends on what you’re looking for.

If I had to tell you to get one first, I’d choose Aviator 2. Caribou Chris even commented that he really likes that throw. That was cool and honest of him to say. Seriously, you won’t be disappointed.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1682/24682784222_cd4dfb3c7e_z.jpgAviatorFamily by Total Artist, on Flickr

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1520/24682781212_617cbee638_z.jpgDogmaFamily by Total Artist, on Flickr

Thanks ill take ur advice mate

I personally prefer the Aviator 2.

I hear people say this and it makes the Dogma seem like a lazy yoyo. It’s really not like this at all. Yes, you can play in a relaxed way with it, but it can be pushed to play very quickly with little effort. It is a top notch performer. It would be a great choice for competing, not just for lazing around.

It’s a yoyo that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves.

2 Likes

Glenacius K speaks the truth. It has a nice acceleration and is definitely underrated.

I think most people know the difference between relaxed and lazy. When you look at the definition of those words, they are entirely different. Also, what I believe a yo-yo is perfect for, and what it is capable of, is also completely different. Note that I was specific about that in my post.

I think Dogma is getting as much credit as it deserves, especially lately. The new Dogma just dropped with the mystery box, so it hasn’t been out that long at retail. I think the new promo video is great for people who need to see the yo-yo in action.

And, pay attention to the context too, because the Dogma is not being reviewed by itself, but in comparison to the Aviator 2. I’d like to hear how those above would compare the Dogma to the Aviator 2, because after all, that’s what the OP was asking us to do. That has been overlooked.

It all depends on what OP is looking for really.

The Aviator 2 is a performance beast. So much spin, so much power, so much stability… much like a Genesis actually. If that’s your thing, then you’ll love it.

The Dogma on the other hand, doesn’t perform as well as the Aviator 2, but it’s got a great feel in the hand, a nice flow to it’s play (buzzwords buzzwords) and IMO makes for an overall more enjoyable playing experience. That being said, there are times that I wouldn’t mind it having a little more power behind it like the Aviator.

I think you’re both right. I agree with Glencius K in that it isn’t a sluggish yoyo and it can be pushed plenty fast if you want it to… however I also agree with Totalartist in that i find that it lends itself to a more flowy and chilled play style.

For instance:

• When I throw my YYR Sleipnir, I don’t naturally do it in a flowy chilled way (even though it can play that way just fine). That thing is so fast and powerful, it just lends itself to a Hiroyuki Suzuki impression and an “I’m on stage at worlds” fantasy.

• When I throw my Onedrop Markmont Classic or CLYW Chief, even though both can be pushed to a decent speed, I find that I always play a lot smoother and more chilled with them without even thinking about it.

So I agree that the Dogma is in essence a more chilled out yoyo. That being said I also agree that it can be pushed to speed if it needs to and it’d be more than enough for a talented player to win contests with. :slight_smile:

Of the two OP mentioned, I find myself reaching for the Dogma more often. It’s a truly great yoyo and a treat to throw.

That being said, as silly as this sounds, I prefer the older, more expensive ‘made in the USA’ Dogma. I’ve thrown the two of them side by side repeatedly and I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is about it, but there’s just something that I prefer. Maybe its the blast messing with my head…

Really, you can’t go wrong with either. Just pick what’s more important to you, performance or play. :slight_smile:

To finish, here’s a video of me doing a trick with my beloved Galaxy Dogma.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/9gwBpEETOz/