Dog died

My dog just died this morning, I’m crying as I type this. I just can’t cheer myself up. I was supposed to go to a yoyo meet at 1:30 but with my dog dead, I just can’t do it.

I hope you feel better. I wish everything except for criminals lived forever.:sob:

Just remember your dog is In a happy place.

that sucks man. Keep your head up.

I am sorry bro:(

Loosing a dog is hard. Take care.

We have seen a few of our members here lose beloved pets in recent weeks. For each one it is a separate and personal grief, there is little condolence being among those numbered a ones who have lost a beloved dog or cat as well. Each one’s pain is particular and difficult. Our pets are such an important part of our lives, when a furry friend leaves us they take a part of our heart with them. As time softens your sorrow Yopro158 may your mind be filled with many happy memories of your time together with your canine companion.

don’t go to the meet if you’re not feeling up to it.
I actually just lost my dog too, had her for 12 years. It was on new years eve and I was just about to go to a party where a lot of my friends that I haven’t seen in months were gonna be at, when I found that my gate was open and she was missing. I’m not gonna go into detail, but she unfortunately passed away. Needless to say, I wasn’t up to go to a party.
It’s tough. :confused: sorry for your loss

I’m feeling better, but I have two dogs so this death is hard on my other dog, Bun-Bun, as well. Plus she died pregnant so now we have to say good bye too 6 other little puppies that never got to see outside world :(. Bun-Bun is aware Cooky is dead, as he went to the vet with her. He is depressed right now and he won’t eat. The only time he got playful was when my gf’s dog, Yo-yo(yes my girlfriend is a thrower too, and I convinced her to name her dog Yo-yo) came. I need to get another dog for Bun-Bun, he isn’t a “solo” dog, he needs a playmate otherwise he gets depressed and sad (part of the reason we got Cooky) I did go to the Pet Rescue center to see what other dog my brother wanted(Cooky was his, but he never cared about her, never took care of her, never player with her) I saw a cute little puppy that looked just like Cooky, I couldn’t bear to take that puppy, she was desperate for a home but I couldn’t take her, I couldn’t take any dog for that matter, it felt wrong, I felt like we were replacing Cooky. I still need to get a dog though, for Bun-Bun’s sake. I just can’t lose him :(. I saw a cute little puppy that was a “toy”, it was a boy and the little guy is pretty active. I didn’t want to take him home because it felt wrong but sooner or later I’m gonna have to choose(my brother didn’t see any dogs he liked so its up to me) I’m probably gonna take that little guy.

Get a new dog but give it some time. No need to rush into getting a new dog.

Losing a family member, be it beloved pet or otherwise, is always hard. We put a good dog to sleep recently, so I understand the feel. Take care.

Ah man that’s bad news indeed. I’ve been there so many times so I know.

I’ve always had pets and losing one is always tough but here are some things that I consider.

My dog had a great life, I made that happen.
My dog was loved, I did that.
My dog was never hungry, yep took good care of her.
My dog had it good!
My dog made my life great, she did that for me.
My dog loved me, she did that.
My dog took good care of me, always was checkin on me, lifting my spirits and protecting me.
I had it good!

Now that she is gone I miss her but I know we were perfect for each other and I’d do it again and again. I refuse to allow the joy and happiness we had togther be dimmed.
Her picture hangs above my computer. I often recall much fun we had together and I am glad she was mine.

It’s good to grieve but don’t let it replace all the good that comes from having a pet.
Remember your dog with a smile and a warm feeling in your heart, and maybe just a very small tear.

Regards,
skitrz

Sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost my Pug of 13 years just last month as well.  Winnie, my miniature Dachshund mourned her too.

Not sure if you have seen this, but “The Oatmeal” recently published a wonderful and inspirational cartoon about dogs.  It made me both smile and cry.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

1 Like

Inspirational??? Boy, are you way off. This comic did make me laugh though(I am still laughing my butt off).
I am quickly recovering from my dog’s death, I never stay sad for long, even under the worst tragedies. I do miss my dog a lot, I loved her like a daughter(most of the time I thought of her as one of my own) and she will be remembered as my one of my best, well behaved, and cutest pet ever. I would do anything to get her back, but I can’t do anything about it :(. I did break down in school today though, even after telling my mom this wasn’t the best day to go to school. I really thank you guys for the laughs and the help you guys have given me.

R.I.P Cooky 2011- 1/6/13

Dude. It’s all going to be ok. My dog died not too long ago. Both of my grandparents got cancer at the exact same time. (Both on my moms side). So after they both died we took in their old airedale. Such a happy dog but she died and now im sad. But you gotta be strong and realize you’re time will come as well and you can be with your pooch.

Ah sorry if you didn’t find it inspirational. Perhaps it wasn’t the right word, but I thought the cartoon was especially touching.

Jason

Sent from mobile.

It cheered me up :slight_smile: I like it and my dog was exactly like that. The comic really helped,… Until Matt here came and posted

Still miss her :’(

You’ll never stop, I guarantee it. You can’t stop missing someone, only accept their death and move on.

My other dog is depressed we still haven’t gotten that other dog. My girlfriend is moving, so much pain right now.