Does this forum create "yo-yo envy"?

I mean, I guess. But to be honest man, you gotta let go of that stuff. The forum isn’t doing that, the other people posting yoyos they own aren’t doing that, you are doing that to yourself.

There are always going to be expensive things in life that we can’t buy. And there are always going to be other people who can buy those things. Perhaps they are rich and have money to burn. Or perhaps they just prioritize their life differently and spend their money on yoyos instead of going out to eat or seeing a movie or paying for cable or whatever.

The point is that if you let envy of what others have and what you don’t have define your enjoyment in life, you are destined to always be disappointed.

We’re in an era when there are more affordable high performance yoyos available than ever before. There is literally nothing a $200 yoyo can do that a $30-50 yoyo can’t do aside from perhaps look cool and have unique materials. Heck, never forget that Gentry won Nationals with a $15 yoyo. So throw up photos of all the budget yoyos you want. No shame in that game at all. But at the same time, don’t let the fact that others enjoy tossing money at fancy expensive yoyos spoil throwing for you.

Here’s the $12 yoyo I picked up the other day and have been enjoying.

21 Likes