Does the YYE forum do any secret Santa’s? ^0^

I see secret Santa’s popping up on Facebook bst and Reddit.
Wondering if we do one too? :grin:

2 Likes

we did one not to long ago to how it would work and if you to do one I bet we can get someone to set one up

1 Like

i’m interested in this but i don’t have the money

2 Likes

I feel like @shatterFX organized a summertime one back in July?

4 Likes

It would be awesome to do a YYE secret Santa I could organise but not sure if I’m the right person to do so given my experience or lack there of.
If people are okay with it I guess I could give it a go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea but I also don’t have the money to do that

2 Likes

Yeah I did a Christmas in July one. I was thinking about doing one again at Christmas time, but might just make it like a yearly thing in July for something over the summer.

3 Likes

I like the “christmas in july” version myself. This time of year is already so commercialized and heavy on the gifting. Nicer to give/get some joy in the summer when it’s less common.

4 Likes

Cool! Maybe we can give it a skip this year then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also really think the Christmas in July secret Santa is an excellent idea.

And one of the main reasons is because during the Christmas season so many people are doing so many things and their heads are going in different directions. Not to mention the fact that the Postal Service or whatever carrier you might want to use our bombarded at that time of the year. So the combination of most people being too busy and the Postal Service being crammed with packages and people that drag their feet to get their half of the secret Santa thing sent out; pretty much adds up to secret Santa at Christmas time is just a big pain in the rear end for mostly everybody.

I think the highest probability for success would be to hold a secret Santa in July. Because it’s far removed from a major holiday season some more people might be willing and able to participate. Of course I know in July there’s Fourth of July. But Fourth of July isn’t Notoriously a holiday where people a week before during or a week after are actually mailing out a crap load of packages.

So I feel that months away from Christmas is a better bet for a higher level of success and satisfaction for all involved.

Seems reasonable anyways🤔

2 Likes

Agreed, I think this makes a lot of sense.
I just saw some happening on other communities and thought I would suggest it but this seems like a better way of doing a secret Santa :slight_smile:

1 Like

Y’all are still welcome to organize something for the holiday season, I was just saying that I’m personally not putting together anything probably until next summer.
However, Joey (@yomagic) of 2Sick is doing his usual Secret Santa that is being organized over on Facebook if anyone is interested.

3 Likes