Does anybody here use Go Pros for trick vids

I was thinking of overhead trick instructional videos.

And wondered if Go Pros work well for that downward/overhead angle?

Thanks

4 Likes

I would if I could afford one :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ve seen people use them in their videos and I like it. It’s nice to see what’s going on from the top down perspective like I’d see it if I were performing the tricks myself.

2 Likes

I used to. It was nice for some stuff, but I didn’t like POV all that much and found the resolution and/or fisheye kind of odd a lot of the time, at least compared to my phone (which is also just so easy). I ended up cracking the lens, ironically when I dropped it while taking it out of the enclosure lol.

5 Likes

I like it as long as the person’s head doesn’t move a lot. Otherwise I get like a motion sickness effect going on.

1 Like

I have one, but I used it for guitar stuff. Been collecting dust for awhile. Maybe I need to get rid of it.

1 Like

When i do tutorials i prop my phone on the top of a closet with a sort of phone holder i made using wood. It gives a fixed over-the-head angle that works fantastically for tutorials.

On the other hand, yoyojoe does tutorials with a gopro and those look awesome too. Try making one to see how it turns out!

5 Likes

I did something similar a while back by taping my phone to an overhead fluorescent light lol. Worked just fine

1 Like

I think the top-down gopro-on-your-head type view can be really useful for instructional videos. But it has to be filmed well.

But for general “stoke” yoyo videos, I’m not that into the POV perspective.

3 Likes

Mo, thats a good question and ultimately depends on the viewers choice of angle.

Personally, I believe Go pro is the way to go on yoyo-related tutorials. My Z-tutorial series on youtube are all done via Go-pro angle since a lot of my tricks are dense and technical, so teaching via a POV angle helps the viewer to understand.

So yes, definitely great for instructional videos!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like