Do general people around you know you yoyo?

i yoyo at school during lunch. i tohught people would call me stupid or gay or something but instead im considered cool for yoyoing. haha

I do love yoyoing, and I don’t really care if people think that yoyoing is nerdy when I do it in front of people. The only thing that often makes me reluctant to yoyo is: people thinking that I am trying to show off. I really don’t want to show off. I just want to yo where no yo has yoed before! But really, I love the fun of yoyoing and showing people is usually really fun. I am just scared of accidentally showing off. Anyway, I hope someone found this post somewhat helpful.

My advice: Why not yoyo? If there is anyone out there who can’t respect yoyoing, then they aren’t cool enough to be your friend anyway, so why care about them? Lets all just yoyo together! Chances are someone who sees you doing it will pick it up, and then you can yoyo together. Then, they can convert some more yoyo buddies, and then they can get some more yoyoers, and then they can get more, and ect… Then the whole world will yoyo! Hooray! ;D

…Well, maybe not quite like that. But, lets hope for a similar scenario. You won’t know until you try!

When I was younger, I yo’d everywhere I went. Walking to the store, I threw along the way. At the park, I’d stand in an open area and do some tricks (basic tricks if you will) with my friends. I even smuggled my Imperial to school *1996 or so) and showed my friends a couple tricks (Rock the baby, walk the dog, around the world…) which then started a boom at the school only to get banned, only to be permitted in a special yo-yo zone. In school though, there were the kids who thought we were all nerds and not cool, only to have a 1999-2000 yo-yo boom to slap them in the face.

Today, at first I felt awkward playing with a toy in public especially being 26. But I look on the flipside… I don’t really put yo-yos in the category of being a ‘kid’s toy,’ and I figure the more I throw publicly, the more aware the general public will be of yo-yoing once again. I don’t mean to ramble on but I’ve been trying this out and seemed to be successful in catching interest. I’ve thrown in Walmart, K-mart (should have done this down the yo-yo aisle as some kids were watching), and fast food places waiting for my food. I’ve also been taking a yo-yo to my niece’s tee ball games where I will occasionally do some tricks before and after the game. Kids (and parents/non-yo-yoers) are amazed at tricks, including failed ones as it looked cool anyway. Last week, I was messing with my Flying Squirrel trying to do some 360s when this girl looks at my direction and then says “Mommy, mommy! I want to get one of those things!” as she points at my yo-yo flinging around. I also had 2 other kids watching (who apparently had yo-yos at home) me do some basic and intermediate tricks. Naturally, they were amazed and telling me ‘how cool’ I was. The parents came, and also enjoyed what I was doing. The parents then asked me, “Where’d you learn this stuff?” My answer: yoyoexpert.com! And Youtube.

A couple days ago, I was yoing in Jack in the Box when a guy waiting for his food was watching me. After doing some tricks, he said “I’m impressed! Keep at it!” Yesterday, though no real response, while waiting in DMV (or elsewhere as we all know), I began throwing as I was waiting for someone else to finish.

With this said, I think we should ditch being closet yo-yoers and throw more in public.

dude, this is your choice to let

1. people you don’t know
  2. people who don’t know you
  3. people you’ll most likely never talk to, interact with, or ever see again
  4. people who can’t do what you’re doing
  5. people who, most likely, will never have any influence on your life whatsoever (and if they happen to do, they’ll remember you better which, believe me, is not a bad thing at all as it makes you stand out)
  6. people who won’t pay your bills, raise your kids (praise the lord for that one) or help you out in anyway

it’s YOUR choice to let what these guys think annoy you, you can just pretend it never happens because it’s pretty much it.

if you drive through your life depending on what people think, you’re in for quite a ride my friend and might just as well give up right now because you’ll never ever be able to achieve anything.

The point when you should get annoyed and actually do anything (or stop doing it, whatever) is when your physical integrity is threatened, up to that point, it’s just thoughts you don’t hear, or, worst case scenario, words that, to my knowledge, never truly hurt anyone (only truth hurts).

So now ask yourself if you want to watch your life go away because of “what people think” and end up just being “that guy”, a basic nobody who’ll end up watching TV and his kids grow fat and dumb because you’ll actually have nothing of value to teach them, getting crushed by the system, unable to do anything about it?

or do you want to fully enjoy the awesome gift that life is?

who cares what “people” think ? most of the time they’re wrong anyways (or the world wouldn’t be in such a bad shape), make poor decisions, throwing their lives in the toilet, repeat whatever TV tells them to, are unable to think by themselves.

of course they’ll think “what a ******!”, but that is only because you’re not in their “format”, you’re actually enjoying yourself.

people are so eager to “be adults” that they “act” like adults, but the truth is, most “adults” just “play” adults and actually act and think like kids (that’s easier for politics and companies to actually manipulate them).

here’s a read you should check out

don’t ever let these people steal your life away from you, ever, be yourself and be proud of yourself, life is a gift, living the way we life is cheating, be grateful for it and don’t ever let anyone try to make you enjoy it any less than 200%

be, FFS, just be

PS: I’m 32, just played in a crowded post office yesterday, I just love it when it gets to the point when people get just uncomfortable, makes people actually think and see that there is another way, we don’t have to be these sheeps that the system wants us to be, buying worthless bling-ish junk and acting all “serious” and “adult” when in reality, we’re just docile kids who do and think whatever we’re asked to do, say or think.

oops, I think I overdid it this time :o

Never, honestly what ever you write it is always worth reading

/ There you have it. the defenition of punk rock

You’re such a liar :smiley: ;D

I honestly would yoyo at school but i think it is not allowed. It will probably be taken away for being considered a weapon by the vice principal. Also when when i told my friend that i yoyo he joked around and i still get comments from him if i bring it up but honestly i dont care.

I dont really care about doing it in public now because i just started doing it when i was bored yesterday and were talking to a couple people that saw me, but i still dont think im going to it in school or in stores just because i still think that would be awkward

Yeah, I yoyo in public. It’s not that bad. Why keep it secret. It’s not wrong to keep it secret, but don’t be afraid to yoyo in front of people.

My school banned yo-yos too, because they can get wrapped around peoples legs, and I yo-yo everywhere and normaly don’t even notice what others are doing. :slight_smile:

just yo’d in crowded post offices TWICE this week, 5A nonetheless, which is a bit more “showy”, and I yoyo at work every day, yoyo makes me feel good, better than people, why shouldn’t I throw just anywhere I want.

what I find awkward is people who don’t know you and judge you

here’s a tip

if you look for reasons why not to do or why to do something, and if you have nothing but personal, subjective reasons (I find it awckward, I’m uncomfortable, I was raised this way etc…) then there is not good reason not to do it, you’re just frustrating yourself for nothing.

if you find objective reasons (like if it’s dangerous for example) then you have good reasons not to do it

1 Like

…well i just yoyo when i feel like it… practice my tricks … but its a lot of fun yoyoing when thers kids around they wil just come up to me and look in amazement and they even bring their parents with them
just do it…
and have fun…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ;D :smiley:

Kids at my school think I’m awesome. Some of the jocks think im “gay” and “nerdy”. I could care less about what kids with no brains think.

Story of my life

im on the football team and most of the people on the team are constantly trying to get me to teach them everyone knows i yoyo and its no big deal especially cause everyone wants to try

Sounds cool I have one person I’m teaching hope to get more people to learn how to yoyo.

Yeah most people know I yoyo because I love it and don’t care about the people who “think” it’s nerdy because they can’t do it. Lots of people want to try but have the attention span of a dead fly!