Display ideas

Has anyone tried the Sochi display cubes for displaying their collections? Anyone have any other kinds of ideas on ways you like to display your throws? I’m a smoker so preferably something enclosed so the cigarette smoke won’t do much damage to them.

2 Likes

Did not mean to attemp to give life advice.

3 Likes

I thrifted this little display stand but I’m looking for a soda crate or something similar now because this thing is already full! Haven’t tried the sochi ones yet but they look pretty cool. I just dont like spending a lot on stuff like this (I’m spending the money on the yoyos themselves!!) so I tend to thrift for it.

edit: oh also yeah I would just smoke outside tbh.

5 Likes

I’m not worried about my yo-yos smelling. I don’t go around sniffing my yo-yo’s in my free time. It’s the tar that discolors everything it touches. I kind of figured I should leave the part about being a smoker out because someone was gonna have something to say about it.

3 Likes

I was just attempting to answer your question. I guess i thought you were asking for ways to prevent the yoyos from having smoke damage. My bad. Heres my display :heart:

9 Likes

Yea I was only asking for advice on an enclosed display case. Like something with a door. I guess I’m getting lifestyle advice too now.

5 Likes

How accessible do the yoyos need to be?

Will it be a set and forget display? Or something you get into multipe times per day?

Wall mount or Free standing?

Not at all brother. Rip em down. Since you mentioned it i just assumed. My fault. I edited my comment to prevent any future comments.

Sorry bud.

Look into a detolf at ikea. They are a good price.

1 Like

Wall mount preferably but if I have to build a shelf to set a stand on I’m good with that too. something that’s easy to get into without having to remove screws or something like that.

1 Like

It needs to be airtight then to prevent smoke from entering the case and sticking to the contents. I know people get the ikea glass cabinets and seal all the openings with silicone I think to use them as little green houses for tropical plants. Maybe you could find a good glass cabinet to seal up.

1 Like

I don’t think airtight would matter too much. I know it’s not gonna keep everything out but I think it’ll keep enough out. My closet has a door on it and isn’t airtight and It seems to keep enough of the smoke out that my clothes don’t get ruined or stained or anything like that. I would think just a magnetic door or something along those lines should be good.

You can find all types of cases online. Just search something like “wall mounted display case” for example. This is not my picture. I just found this one in a quick search. It’s $40.

3 Likes

I need to find this case…

2 Likes

I PM’d you the link.

If anyone else wants the link just PM me.

2 Likes

I honestly just toss all my yo-yos half hazard into a screw sorting box. Im not going to get any love for my yoyo storage methods…

1 Like

@Gaites13 (I think) mentioned building - or having built - an acrylic display case with a cover to keep dust out. Would probably help with smoke also. Not too different than @Jerrod suggestion above, just a little more custom depending on how many you’re looking to house.

2 Likes

Just to make the collectors here squirm a bit here’s how I “display” my yo-yos at the moment…

3 Likes

Here is the perfect case for smokers. It even has windows and tv-monitors so you can view your throws in the pristine, sealed environment.

Yea I had no intentions of displaying them until I got my hands on a couple of monkey finger throws. They’re just too pretty not to have displayed. The rest of my collection are just yo-yo’s. Some of them have cool ano but there’s nothing really special about them. They’re to have fun with. I’ll put all my special ones in the case and I have a couple yyf hardcases that I’ll continue to keep all my daily players in.

2 Likes