Diffusion vs First Base vs Big Dipper

I figure this are comparable plastics from their respective companies. What do you guys think, how do they stack up?

Of the ones I’ve tried, I still like the YYJ classic better than those.

I gotta say, I was really disappointed with the Big Dipper. I know a lot of people selling theirs. It’s no where near as good as the Yeti, heck the replay is better.

To be fair, the Replay is a beast!

1 Like

The yeti isn’t really in the same ballpark as the big dipper imo
Edit-Would like to take that back, just played with both for about an hour each and I can’t say as though the big dipper is really any worse in any aspect other than the material isn’t as cool. They are in the same ball park play wise goes, at least I think so. They play differently, but the yeti isn’t night and day compared the dipper, when talking string tricks imo.

The big dipper is a generic, plain old plastic, that I agree isn’t a ton better than others out there. But if you want a clyw (which kids do) it’s a pretty solid playing throw and a really good option for the price. It definitely plays really well.

The yeti is more for the veteran player, totally different beast.

Kinda like comparing the kickside to a hitman, they were never intended to be equal in the first place.

Don’t agree that the classic is better, I’d say it’s a lot worse. From a pure playing standpoint. Mine wobbles so badly without a slimline bearing, and with the slim bearing it isn’t much of a real player. Never understood the point of the classic, the other yyj plastics are already way better. The classic seemed like it was intended for 2003, or someone who wants a fun responsive throw. But sheer play wise it’s not even close, I know its personal preference but still. Maybe I just don’t like the classic, I totally don’t get the appeal when there are so many more advanced plastics for around the same price.
I mean no offense to someone’s favorite throw! :slight_smile:

The diffusion is really good, haven’t played a first base. I’d say they are probably all the same honestly, just different preferences. The diffusion is like a faster big dipper.

^ You tustve gotten a dud Classic. All my unresponsive ones have been super smooth. Amazing plastic.

really?? Yeah I was kinda under the impression it was designed for just slim bearing. ha. my bad.

Well, the classic with a slim bearing in it is still pretty terrible in comparison to the others :stuck_out_tongue:

I could see a smooth one with a real bearing in it playing a lot better.

1 Like

I definitely think the First Base is the best.

Classic is good, Diffusion and First Base are on a different level, though.

I can’t speak on the Dipper bc I’ve never used one.

The classic with a slim is ok.
My classic with a Buddha is impressive for 10 bucks.
I was disappointed with the first base because I expected it to be better.

I’m fine that this was moved, but this was just for discussion, not help or recommendation.

Definitely Big Dipper