Dark Magic |||

52mm diameter, change the response, no caps and maybe a little more metal rim?

It obviously needs new response, because Andre has lots of snags in his binds. He has to throw it to get it completely tight and no snags.

I think it needs a different catch zone.

Ok scratch that. Make it a little smaller, and as Daniel said, change the rims to brass to keep it at the same weight

I personally think that the only issue with the yo is grinding. Idk if there is a slicker, smoother plastic that can be used but if so that would make the yo perfect.

delrin

a dm2 with delrin plastic partā€¦now that would be AWESOME.

I liked the old design betterā€¦ Iā€™m a fan of hybrid response :smiley: But it would be cool if YYJ took the old Dark Magic, made the gap a millimeter or half larger, and had two options, hybrid, and silicone response.

Delrin would be interesting.

Maybe a SE made of delrin and titanium?

Those videos are all made with the original Dark Magic, which had a hybrid response (half starburst).

More importantly, though, at the time (who knows about these days?) he prefered to use slightly snaggy methods for binding. The rolling bind in particular he uses a tonne isnā€™t considered to be a reliable bind.

1 Like

It was the bind he uses in the videos.

I find doing a bind from a different mount gives me nearly no snags. If I bind from a trapeze, I get snags more than half the time.

Also, that was an original Dark Magic using a hybrid response.

i agree

That one is black/gold. Also, it has gold colored caps too. I thought the blue one with gold rims had silver capsā€¦not sure. That black/gold is a ā€œmust have.ā€ :wink:

Thanks. Iā€™m partial to the blue/gold because it matches my blue/gold HM.

Ah, I see. Confirm for me thoughā€¦does the blue one have silver caps or gold caps? Thanks.

I had never seen the gold rimmed DMII until you two posted yours. Those throws are gorgeous. The black and gold are Iowa Hawkeye colors. Could have sold a ton of those outside Kinnick Stadium this fall with the Hawkeye logo on the side.

(The crowd in the stands needed something to keep them entertained during the games. In the name of humanity the fans needed to look away from the gruesome spectacle on the field from time to time just to get their wits about them again.)

It has gold caps as well. Kind of hard to tell from these. Iā€™ll try to get a better one later today.

http://cdn.yoyoexpert.com/4/view/images/62_thumb.jpg http://cdn.yoyoexpert.com/4/view/images/61_thumb.jpg

I see. I hope they restock those too at some point. Thank you.

I like the clear, with red and orange rims.

try to make it v or h shape also titanium on the rings