Dark Magic in 2020?

I heard Andre talking in The Yoyo Podcast about a Dark Magic prototype. Does anybody know more about this? I am looking forward to seeing a new Dark Magic this year!

8 Likes

That would be awesome! I just ordered a DM2, I would love to see what new advances a new iteration would use.

1 Like

They could just make a diamond coated titanium version like kyo did to the Hitman.

1 Like

Wow, I missed that. I hope you’re right, I love my DM2s. I finally scored an original DM with a caricature of the man himself, front and center in the table top display case. As with most YYJs, it’s a really fun throw, imho. Now if only I could score a ghost version!

3 Likes

I asked Andre. Another Dark Magic IS being developed but it’s a ways off. Can’t say at what stage it’s at, but it is being worked on.

8 Likes

What company would remake it? Or is YYJ back?

2 Likes

I think YYJ is now under new management/ownership? Their first act seems to have been to release NOS in new packaging. Not sure what to expect next.

2 Likes

SF x ART would be awesome

1 Like

I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for Andre to just make the Dark Magic for sale at YYE. Either way i’m exciiiiited to see what comes from this

5 Likes

NOS? What’s that? And I think the most likely company to be apart of this revival is iYoYo, considering they’ve gotten the OK to do a throwback of the SpinMaster. I personally would love to see a delrin Dark Magic. @YoYoExpert any chance you’d be willing to tease us with some pics of the prototypes :smiley:

3 Likes

NOS stands for New Old Stock. iYoYo is an interesting thought, they do stand out for making excellent hybrids as YYJ did too.

2 Likes

NOS??? If you look in the shop section at YYJ everything is sold out. Where do you see someone listing otherwise?

1 Like

Ive seen a few sites(will not name on here) that seem to have some YYJ for sale. Your gonna have to look around.

1 Like

My guess on that is that they still have stock from when YYJ was active. Up until a short time ago YYE had YYJ products. So yea it’s NOS but it’s what they’ve had on hand. No one is slipping them a stored cache from somewhere.

4 Likes

Where do i listen to this podcast?

Search for ‘The Yoyo podcast’ in google.

Try here also:

I also found the post in YYE:

Yeah, I was thinking of Yomega. Sorry about the confusion there! My brain utterly failed me in that moment.