Dark magic 2 corroded rims

But will it leave a fresh, minty scent?

Sorry, couldn’t pass that one up. I gotta go hunt down that metal polish.

My hands can get sweaty at times, but I typically wash my hands before and after I throw, so I haven’t really had the sweaty hand problem.

guys i used a jewlery polish liquid and rubbed it on with a sponge for like an hour. the rims are now just about the same color as the shiny plastic on the caps. its not nearly as shiny though. im not concerned about it being shiny, but if i put a clear coat of nail polish, do u guys think that would stop it from tarnishing again? plus, would it make it shiny?

Clear nail polish will keep it from tarnishing, but then you need to deal with the upkeep when it gets nicked, which it probably will.

Will it chip from hitting the ground or from regular play?

It will chip from knocking in to items in your pocket or your case, or most anything else.

Hey Icthus,
Are you sure the DMII is 6061 aluminum? I have other bare aluminum yoyos (dif e yo bare bones & others) and they’re still shiny after hard use (left alone for years they get their shine back with brasso) . It must be a lesser grade; the rings aren’t a structural member, just dead weight. I agree though, my son should still wash his hands more often.

Since when am I supposed to wash my hands??? I Thoth that’s was dirt was for… Jk. But yeah. Our 2 Dif e yos are bare aluminum and they are many years old, but not nearly as tarnished as my dm2 was in a week.

The dif-e-yos may have a coating.

yes, such as clear ano perhaps?

sorry, i dont know nothin bout no Dif-E-Yo

No they don’t.

I think I remember hearing Dale Bell saying that they were. Also the plastic may have something to do with it. I’ve had Difs that did that and YYJ’s that didn’t and the other way around as well.