Cyber Monday 2023 Reccomendations

Hey y’all,

I’m looking to purchase some throws from the Cyber Monday sale before it ends tonight. I’m planning on getting one “casual” and one “competitive” throw. I currently have my list narrowed down and was hoping for some help with deciding between them.

For the “casual,” I’m deciding between the GWAY Saboteur and FTY 138, leaning towards the Saboteur.

For the “competitive” throw, I have a slightly longer list:

• YYR TM, MK1 Diffraction V3, YYF Will, YYR TM, YYF BettyNova, C3 ROOC, Recess Tropic Alien

For the competitive throw, I’m not as concerned about maximizing stability and spin-time, but am more concerned with the “play-feel.” The most important qualities to me are controllability and the ability to do quick direction changes/rolling maneuvers well, along with good feeling during hop elements. For weight, I’m not too particular but would lean towards something slightly heavier than light, although not too extremely. I will say that while I do like rim-weight, an excessively rim-weighted feeling to the point that it feels “laggy” isn’t what I’m looking for. A good catch zone shape for easy catchability is important, but actual width I’m pretty neutral on.

Any advice is appreciated!

2 Likes