Current top 5

Oh, my bad.

2 Likes

These are the ones I’ve been picking up the most lately. When I first got the Apogee I was too afraid to play it but lately that fear has faded.

Apogee, Tundra, Spaceship, Udon bowl, Copper Dunk

20 Likes

Your Tundra does not look the same shade of green that I’ve seen in other images. Much more teal looking, is this just lighting or is this a custom job?

2 Likes

Just the lighting!

4 Likes

Not 5 but six for me. Anyone else liking any of these atm?

Delrin severe

Yweti

Peon

Diptych

Fortune

Furn

14 Likes

That Yweti looks amazing!

8 Likes

@dizzo is the man. His work is amazing

7 Likes

5/5 again. Here is my current Top 5 with a couple change outs from the last few years.

1. Titanium- RSO YWETi SE MK1
  2. Bi-Metal- CLYW The Gorge
  3. Premium Mono-Metal- Mowl Highwall
  4. Mono-Mental- Basecamp Sherpa
  5. Wood- TMBR Maple Sullivan

There is a common shape here that I prefer.

24 Likes

I have my 5 favorite unresponsives, along with my favorite fixie.
a-rt Grail
SPYY Punchline
Markmont Classic Magnum Opus
G2 Banshee SS
PDX Batsquatch 7068
2016 zebrawood eH - (I may just be honeymooning, but I doubt it.)

22 Likes

Cool to see one of my favorite threads still getting love. Started throwing again recently for the first time in a couple years. Only had 5ish yoyos when I took a break, but managed to add a couple here and there with the occasional impulse and now have 10.

Top 5 is

SF DLRN
SF SF
YYF Aviator 2
2S 7075 Bishop
Sturm Panzer Schneider MK-II

Kinda want to pick up a G2 Arbiter and Reaper since they look pretty cool. Gonna try to unload my other 5 yoyos, plus maybe 2-3 of these ones to clear out some space for a little bit of shiny new.

11 Likes

Current Top 5…Kappas!

1. Luzumaki/Coffin Kappa
  2. 3rd run blue Matt Doyle/olive green Kappa
  3. 1st run silver engraved Kappa
  4. 2nd run Taro engraved
  5. 3rd run (pre-ordered) Unknown Kappa

(I’m categorizing the Taro and non-preordered Unknown Kappas as the 2nd run, and then the preordered Unknowns+Matt Doyle/Green/Spiralchan/Adrian Esteban (which btw, if you have either of the spiralchan or adrian esteban ones hmu and i’ll make it worth your while) as 3rd run, this is probably wrong though @Jamie_Larkins)

13 Likes

Holy crap your Kappa collection is so much better than mine. Spot on with the runs, too. I still need to track down a Taro Purple myself🙃

8 Likes

I too like the kappa but dang…

My current top 5 in no order
Mowl- surveillance
The good life dgtzr
Throw sprial kappa
Clyw otter
Mowl M or one drop burnside 2020

7 Likes

Kappa is just something special, really clicks with me haha.

Using one to stand for all kappas, my Top 5 would then be:

• Aluminum: Taro Kappa
  • Plastic: Kickside, was the first modern yoyo I bought back in 2006 based on the recommendations of people on TheYo. Plus it’s one of the inspirations for the Peak, what’s not to love.
  • Titanium: TYY-01, first titanium I ever bought, was an EDC for a while. Runner ups: Evora, CiTizen
  • Something old: One Drop M1, I think this might have been the third metal yoyo I bought. Competed with it (not this one specifically but the same colors) at Georgia states 2009, got second to last :sunglasses:
  • Something gold bold: A-RT x SF DK, this shouldn’t work, but it does.

If I had to pick something other than the Kappa, I’d sub my Danny Severance YWET

17 Likes

Can say the reaper feels much more solid than the arbiter but the arbiter has a very airy feel to it. Just feels stupid light and I cant wrap my head around it. Hope that helps you decision making process!

6 Likes

What colorway is that DK? I dig the half colors

3 Likes

Top to bot:

Burnside 20/20
Burnside 20/20
Burnside 20/20
Exia
Undecided

Yeah I have 3 burnside 20/20, that counts

11 Likes

these are my 5 as of now according to enjoyment and playtime. probably in order as well
OD par avion
Fallen Angel
OD panorama
Z01
OD deeper state

17 Likes

May 2021 update: Butter, Free Solo, Grail, Panorama, Deeper State. These are my favs in order, although the Free Solo and Deeper State probably get the most play out of all my throws.

16 Likes

I think the pink ones are “Apricot fade” then it’s silver. It was a halfswap not done by me, received it this way :slight_smile:

2 Likes