Current top 5

Another 5/5 and a top 5, since my Top 5 hasn’t really change much in the last few years, I’m taking a page out of @Isaac 's Playbook from last year and listing my Top 5 Sherpas that are all set up unresponsive;

1. 2019 White Out Edition was first release at the last in person 2019 World Yo-yo Contest in Cleveland at the Basecamp Party. Mine isn’t quite that cool, this was from the second batch cause the hype was real. Went all in and put in a Gold NSK CT. This one tips the scales of freshness, it feels like porcelain and can hang in a china cabinet with Lladro’ figurines when not being tossed.

2. Aqua and Green Bape Swap with Gold NSK CT. I like playing my beat B Grade so much that was in my truck, I needed this minty one to play when I got home and its set up like the White Out, but with that nice blasted Sherpa finish and Bape look. It just pops with yellow strings.

3. Blue from Games of Berkley, was an EDC for most of 2018 and has a Crucial Groove Bearing in it. Still one of my few premium throws that I was able to buy from a brick-and-mortar store when I was in the Bay Area. I really got intimate knowledge of doing Magic Drops with this one.

4. B Grade Stamped Brown and Black. Proud B grade stamps on both halves and this one lives in my work truck, so it gets played a few times a week in places that can be hard on Yo-Yos. It has hit the ground, metal gratings, the side of the truck and has been frozen multiple times during the last few winters and it still plays great. I still can’t detect any vibe, just good vibes and it looks tuff with all the scuffs. Sometimes I play the same string on it until it just gets crusty and I love every throw on it.

5. Purple New In Box, What would be a Top 5 of the same yoyo without one fresh and never strung up in a box? This purple colorway doesn’t come around too often.

19 Likes