Current Pocket/Undersized Throw?

As far as just an undersized throw that is comfortable in the pocket my recent go-to has been the CLYW Pickaxe.

But if we’re talking a truly small and under-the-radar pocket yoyo, the YYF Pop Star is great for that! I recently broke out my 2014 YYF x YYE Prague edition for my wedding. I knew I wanted to keep a Yo-Yo on me throughout the whole day, without my soon-to-be (now) wife calling me out on looking silly with a big bulge in my pocket. The Pop Star fit perfectly inside one of the inner suit jacket pockets and was completely unnoticeable. It was great as I did end up using it several times throughout the day. It was a busy day, and there’s nothing that’s calming quite like throwing down some tricks.

14 Likes
  • Mk1 x Spinworthy RBC
  • Zero Gravity Return Tops El Mijo
  • YYF Confusion (regular or hubstacked [2022])
  • YYF Little Confusion
  • DocPop Daytripper
  • Zeekio x Recess Quiz
  • Rain City Skills Gamer (any version
  • Core Co. Alley Cat/Alley Cat 650b)
  • One Drop Deep State/Deeper State

The only mini on this list is the Little Confusion. There are a number of slightly undersized yoyos I also like, but are not as pocketable as the slim ones above.

• Japan Technology miniRAGE
  • Zeekio Alpha Steel
  • YYF 888 MMXX
  • ILYY E1NS
  • YYF genXs/Yuuksta
  • YYF Skyline
3 Likes

Hey congratulations on getting married! As for having a throw on me on my wedding day, I would 100% do the same lol

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, it’s nice to have a throw :blush:

Second the Mini Star 2, you’ll never need another pocket unresponsive after you get one of these bad boys.

1 Like

Gway Daredevil for unresponsive, it’s really great. Responsive goes to the RBC as others have already mentioned. I just got a OD Deep State today that I gotta put through it’s paces soon. 2 other honorable mentions: OD Marquis: I have a pink one, plays solid but I don’t use it too often. YYF popstar for super small fun, have one in gold, helped my accuracy a lot.

2 Likes

I like the segmentation. The “undersized” category is not very consistently defined.

Love your collection. Haven’t seen many people refer yet to ownership of the Little Confusion. That and the Confusion (non-hubstacked) are on my personal wishlist.

1 Like

I just ordered a masamini 2! There’s 3 red ones in stock! So pumped!

2 Likes

I love pocket throws, have way too many. While each has its charm or special place for me nothing compares to a mini star 2. It is the gold standard that I compare all pocket throws to. If we are talking mono metal more often than not at this point im pocketing a 138.

3 Likes

Mini banshee wide is such a thrill of an undersized. Its so tiny, so fun, and plenty capable. I got one to destroy and one to cherish

11 Likes

yelets and campfire, campfire is so tiny and fun

14 Likes

Just got this little guy yesterday. Out of the box it was semi responsive but I added a drop of thick lube and it’s super snappy now. I’m having fun experimenting with the hub stacks.

13 Likes

I mean, obviously.

10 Likes

Campfire is so so tiny and so fun ! Bonfire is a nice larger version i just recently got to try.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few gems that would qualify as undersized, but every time I use the Snack, I’m amazed because it plays as well as some of the best standard sized yoyos.

11 Likes

The Foxland precision manufacturing “Minotaur “ is an excellent pocket throw-Fantastic!!

18 Likes

I just got a Little Confusion yesterday. Strangely, it’s really inconsistent in returning. Sometimes, it tugs right back; others, it’s straight-up non-responsive.
I’m hoping I can straighten it out because the size and the feel are amazing.

1 Like

Just got mine yesterday. Need to find some goop/grease to add so it’ll start coming back.

i have a katz meow! first time seeing foxland here

2 Likes

Really? Alvin does an outstanding job at machining AL he made many brands you would not believe…. Boutique designers & amplified return tops…, shout…& others….

1 Like