Corvette vs. Lamborghini

I like the car with 4 wheels and that is shiny with an engine in it.

Sad thing is, this thread was started because it was stated that both corvettes and lambos are sports cars.

But I canā€™t get a Lambo with a manual tranny.

Paddle shifters with an 8 speed are better for performance.

I would agree, but I think that also depends a lot on the drivers level of comfortability with a clutch. I can drive the tiptronic (I think thatā€™s what the clutchless manuals are called), but I canā€™t drive a clutch. Iā€™ve ridden with people that can drive a clutch as if itā€™s on the dyno.

Computers>People

Enjoyment>.1 second off a drag race

Isaac Aasimov is rolling in his grave. Lol. I would agree with you, but some people are just sickeningly good with a clutch. Of course, as a person I canā€™t tell if someone is shifting a quarter second too early, but if I canā€™t tell youā€™re shifting without listening to the engine, I say thatā€™s pretty good.

There are people in this thread telling me I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about, and they canā€™t drive a manual transmission? Okay, Mr Race Car Expert.

Not what I was saying, Iā€™d take a manual anyday, but full manuals are inferior in every sense when it comes to performance.

Manuals are better for drifting.

How much does the clutch help for drifting?

Well I donā€™t personally drift, but the people I know who have say it helps quite a bit. Throwing it into neutral would have the same effect but is not as convenient.

Clutch kicks are pretty much all drifting is when you get past the point of having to use the E-brake constantly(sometimes you do have to use it, though)
Disengage the clutch approaching a corner, continue to let the revs climb, dump the clutch. Your back tires are lit up and ready to slide.

You technically donā€™t need the clutch for drifting, itā€™s a better way for you to control the amount of power sent to the rear wheels and keeps you drifting for a longer period of time. But you can do as much with an automatic car but the system wonā€™t stay within the same power-range as when you can control the gear for shifting.

The real important part is not actually the clutch but the manual gear box because of what I previously said.
Anyway the reason why dumping the clutch or letting go of the clutch too quickly would make the car drift is because the gears in the transmission and engine are spinning at different speeds and quickly releasing the clutch engages the two different gears at those two speeds causing the tires to spin and you to drift.

Forgive me if Iā€™m wrong, this is how I understand it but I meant be using the wrong terminology but as far as Iā€™m concerned this is true.

Yeah I was under the impression that you use the e-brake to start sliding, then use the throttle to control it. I donā€™t know anything about drifting though.

For the most part you can do both Vaughn Gittin Jr. and a lot of pro drifters engage turns with E-brakes and transitions from one direction to another, itā€™s the quickest and most efficient way to get the car sideways

Depending on the amount of power you have (and if you have a rwd) you can just floor it going around a turn.

My supra is faster than your corvettes and lamboā€™s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just sayin. :wink:

1 Like

can drift too.