container for cleaning the bearing question..

i have now a lighter fluid! :slight_smile:
i will try it to my china bootleg ball bearing yoyos :slight_smile:

my container is a Hair Gel container.
it is made of plastic but rounded-shape.

i hear some use glass jar…
if i use glass jar, we have jars here at home “ancient china glass jars”…

is it ok!

please help! :slight_smile:

DO NOT put lighter fluid into a plastic container.

so where will i put the lighter fluid now?
in the glass jar?

Yes, ONLY in glass.

I use a diced pimientos jar.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WnVyI3yxL.SL500_AA280_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20.jpg

lol what happens if you put lighter fluid/mineral spirits in a plastic container?

You melt the plastic. You may not be able to tell, but you are melting the plastic and coating you bearing in gunk.

Darn it. haha there goes half of my bearings! ;D

lol that’smwhat happened to me.but you can remove the plastic in the bearing by cleaning it again with a fresh jar lol

i used mineral spirits that you can probly find at hardware stores or maybe even like walmart idk and then i used a contact case (i dont use that case anymore obviously)

Oh crud… Man I used an old pill bottle I cleaned out…

Yeah. I just use hydrogen peroxide.

hydrogen peroxide is H2O2 and can very easily lose one O atom and become H2O which is water if you dont know and cleaning with water will just rust it. if you did use the peroxide you would need to do it in a dark area or a thick non-transparent bottle of some kind. lil science lessen there =) just lettin you know

I use a Nalgene bottle… the hard kind. Works pretty nice.

hard yes but theyre not really very thick so i mean its better than a cheap water bottle but you would want somethin thicker or just somethin really dark and kinda thick. or mineral spirits is the easiest to use. and you can burn it when your done =)

i use those jam jars you get from gift baskets ;D http://www.waresofknutsford.co.uk/images/product_images/8121.jpg

capers jar i got at the store. Fyi capers taste nasty just dump them out. It only cost $1.75 so I don’t feel too bad.