cons of hand winding your string

(YoYoBlaze) #1

so i was reading some topics about thers haveing trouble to do snap starts.
some responses sais things like “refusee to hand wind your string” and “break you non-dominant hand so you won’t be able to bind”
i was just wondering y is it so bad to hand wind your yoyo’s?

(Astrojax) #2

it takes too much time and in competitions they deduct points.

(J. Lev) #3

No, they don’t. They deduct points whenever you have to restart the yoyo, either by winding or any sort of start, unless you’ve stopped it on purpose (like in Stop N Go.)

The only problem is that it takes time and looks a bit unprofessional. If I make a mistake when yoyoing in front of people who don’t yoyo, and I do a palm start, they think its really cool.

In a contest, you can also waste some time manually winding as well.

(YoYoBlaze) #4

oh i thought it does something bad to your string

(Astrojax) #5

okay, well, what if he has to restart it? and he winds it? you pretty much spoke for yourself there.

(JonasK) #6

Well he has to get it going somehow. He will lose the same amounts of points no matter what. Should we say that hand-starting is a bad idea because judges deduct points for it. Might as well play with a dead yoyo when your yoyo stops spinning.

(Astrojax) #7

no but at least its faster and looks better. it also proves a bit more of skill you have.

(Johnny T) #8

I think when you actually wind up the yoyo. It wastes time to your freestyle rountine. Other than starting the yoyo.

(YoYoBlaze) #9

i’m not to worried about routine time since i don’t enter contests…YET. well thnx guys i’ll learn to snap start anyways

Also, constant winding and rewinding can really really mess up the tension and useful life of the string.