Confusion or confusion gt

I’m trying to decide between confusion and confusion gt looks like the gt is gonna be better for line play

IMO the Confusion is great for Modern Responsive and the Confusion GT is better set up for Unresponsive play. There are write ups on both in this thread A Sized Bearing YoYo Love

2 Likes

How’s the sleep time

I think their sleep times are solid for what they are. It does depend on how the bearings are set up. On my Confusion I have a greased flat A, my GT has a clean light lubed Konkave. String thickness also plays a role.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on the yomega maverick?

I’d get both and see which you like best. I didn’t care for the GT as much, but really like the standard Confusion. YYF has b grades of both this month, for the price of 1 A grade you can get both as b grades.

3 Likes

Yeah I second this. Confusion was more pure fun as a throwback, GT is trying a little too hard to be both modern and retro at the same time.

I do like them both! But if I had to pick only one, regular Confusion without a doubt.

3 Likes

My exact setup. I think I could sub in the new DNA in both setups for either too. It’s definitely my 2019 summer throw

3 Likes

So I will order both but i will get the confusion first gt later

Yeah I pick up one of the Pulsar DNAs and it is very smooth, I’m preferring it set up unresponsive at the moment, really like the weight distribution and has a great feel in the hand.

This pretty much exactly sums up my feelings.

The Confusion is rad and on the short list of throws where I consider buying more just to have additional colors. It’s just a stellar modern responsive yoyo with a solid dash of throwback history.

The GT version is fine, but for whatever reason, doesn’t give me the same feelz.

2 Likes