Compulsory tricks?

Hey gang.

I was watching a few of the WYYC videos and came across black(Tomonari Ishiguro) and noticed he made black hops, now that is a mandatory trick in 1A contests. Now I’m wondering what are the other mandatory yo-yo tricks in the competitions? There may already have been a post about this. but i plugged some key words into the search tool and i couldn’t find anything. Maybe I spelt them wrong or something. If there is already a thread dedicated to this please point me in the nearest direction, If not any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Steve

Freestyles do not have any mandatory tricks. Black may have done Black Hops because it’s his trick. :wink:

The only “mandatory” tricks that I’m aware of are during trick ladder contests… they may have a trick ladder category at World’s; not sure. Then every single trick is “mandatory” and you do them in an order that approximates ascending difficulty (not always true for every player, but they do their best to come up with that kind of order!).

Elevator
Matrix
Rock the Baby
Pop-n-Fresh
Brain Twister
Plastic Whip
Dizzy Baby
Slack Trapeze
Trapeze
Gerbil
Double or Nothing
Iron Whips (3 reps)
Drop in the Bucket
Cold Fusion
Split the Atom
Suicide (2 rep)
Mach 5
Spirit Bomb
3 Eli Hops
Black Hops

This is the beginner

1. Gravity Pull
  2. Sleeper
  3. Walk The Dog
  4. Creeper
  5. Jamaican Flag
  6. Forward Pass
  7. Around The World
  8. Rock The Baby
  9. Pop The Clutch
  10. Breakaway

I never made the connection between Black and Black Hops…wow

I’m assuming those are the point break-down for tricks?

yep

yeah no tricks are required for a freestyle per say, so you can do whatever you want pretty much.