Collection from around 2001 for sale

Hi, I am a UK thrower who hasn’t thrown in years, not sure how many but I just stopped when Spencer Berry came out with the ‘sequel’ to Rancid Milk - so not sure if anyone can put a date on it…!

I recently rediscovered my yo-yo collection and, with a daughter on the way, it’s now time to part ways with this period of my life. I am open to offers and happy to sell individual items. I am out the loop, so my guide for prices is what’s recently sold on eBay.

The list is below.

And pictures here (not exhaustive):

I can take close-up photos too, if you want.

Thanks for your interest.

Tom Kuhn:

• Silver Bullet 2 - Original (with original box, velvety holder and manual, yo-yo is tarnished but would probably come up fine, I used to buff it with Brasso)
  • Silver Bullet 2 - Tortoise Shell (with original box and manual)
  • Roller Woody (with box, no other accessories)

Came-Yo:

• Came-Yo Mondial (with packaging, but it’s very crumpled and unusable + instruction manual)
  • Came-Yo Moonstar (includes packaging but it’s very crumpled and unusable)

Hspin

• Handquake 1.4b (no. 54)

Playmaxx:

• Cold Fusion GT (incl tin and glove and pins and instructions, tin has gone a bit rusty)
  • Cold Fusion (incl tin and glove and pins and instructions, tin has gone a bit rusty)
  • Proyo Turbo Bumble Bee
  • Proyo X-Ray Bee (in packaging, not unopened)
  • Proyo Nuclear Bee (not in packaging)
  • Proyo II Original x2
  • Proyo Butterfly Southern Regionals 2001

Henrys:

• Coral Snake
  • Viper x3 (all used, 1 with box cutter knife marks from when I was trying to get better responsiveness)
  • Lizard x2

Team Losi:

• Cherry Bomb (silver coloured)
  • Cherry Bomb (red)
  • Silver Series

Duncan

• Duncan Butterfly
  • Duncan Ballistic
  • Duncan Alien
  • Duncan Professional
  • Duncan Glow Imperial
  • Duncan Midnight Special
  • Duncan Neo
  • Duncan Imperial

Yomega

• Yomega Wing Force
  • Yomega Metallic Missile
  • Yomega Raider
  • Yomega RBII
  • Yomega Power Spin
  • Yomega Hyperwarp

Miscellaneous yo-yos that were notable at the time:

• Peter Fish (yellow, with ball bearing) - very good looper
  • Peter Fish (orange/purple, with wooden axle) - very good loopers
  • Canada’s Fast Eddy McDonald - very good for looping
  • Chain Reactor (small, metallic yo-yo)
  • Spintastics Terminator x2
  • Spintastics Tigershark x2
  • Yo-Yo Jam Dragon Jam x2
  • SuperYo Renegade x2 (1x green marbled, decent condition, 1x black, ok condition but letters mostly faded off)
7 Likes

That HandQuake!!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a great early collection. @fullnelson and @mrciurleo can probably help with prices. They are two experts on collectible prices.

4 Likes

Thanks for the message. Any help @fullnelson or @mrciurleo would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

Amazing collection!

Some of these are definitely better suited for eBay. Yes, you’ll have to pay their fee but olders models like these that’d sit on the forums all move pretty quickly over there.

The Handquake is the gem in that collection, followed by the CFGT, CF, and tortoise shell SB2. The few Handquakes that I saw sell a few years ago were all in the $300-$400 range. @fullnelson bought one in a lot recently, maybe he can tell you what he values it at. The CF is probably $100-$125 and the CFGT around $150 (they were always rarer depite close production numbers for some reason). Sometimes they go for unrealistic prices on eBay so it couldn’t hurt to start on the high end (though I suspect some sold listings aren’t genuine and are people trying to make them seem more valuable).

The TK metals are a little less valuable than the CF, but I recall seeing a handful of people looking for the tortoise shell colorway so I wouldn’t be surprised if you could pull $75-$100 on that one.

The last notable one is the Nuclear Bee. I’d love to add one to my ProYo collection and if weren’t going to Worlds in a couple of weeks would put $75-$100 on it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

5 Likes

I’m pretty much in agreement, considering if all are near mint to mint. The only 2 that I could add is the Mondial $60-$80 and the Roller woody $40 -$60.The rest, I have no clue.Good luck! (Must resist that HandQuake…)

1 Like

Hi @mrciurleo thank you for your in-depth and useful response. Thanks also to you @fullnelson for your input

I’ll always have a soft spot for the SB2s, particularly the polished one. It was my first ‘serious’ yo-yo and the one that pulled me into collecting. There was just something about an engineered, metal yo-yo that appealed to me.

Interesting the Moonstar’s not valuable now. I remember I got the Mondial first, then someone who owned a skill toys shop about an hour from me had a Moonstar he wanted to get rid of it and I couldn’t resist it. I think it was in demand about seven years ago, but I could be wrong.

Now that I’ve posted on the forum, it’s all coming back. I took part in the 2001 Southern Regionals in Florida (I was on vacation there at the time) - this was in the days when Greg Cohen of Yoyoing.com was around and seemed to have a monopoly on online sales.

This was right at the end of my throwing career, but just before I stopped, I got Rancid Milk down. That was the peak of my skill, so to speak. I was very pleased when I got that. That and suicide to 1.5. Ahhh, now I miss it :slight_smile:

Happy times, for sure.

Thank you once again all for your input.

3 Likes

I buy them all in a heartbeat if I could afford them (and keep it from my wife!) If you decide to separate, I’d be interested in a couple of things.

1 Like

Hi @fullnelson - happy to separate as I appreciate very few people will be interested in the entire collection. Please feel free to PM with offers for individual items.

Sent a message, thanks!