Coffin Nachtmahr - The Yoyo Design Theory Of Relativity

Hi all! I’ve been doing a biweekly yoyo show and podcast on yoyo theory called Kill Your Yoyo (recorded on insta @Modern_yoyos, and wherever you get podcasts).

After every show, I expand on a point that I foud interesting. This week I interviewed the endlessly original Coffin Nachtmahr who had some great hot takes on our perception of yoyo design. Check it out at this link.

I recommend you read the whole thing at the link above, but here’s a sneak preview:

“Coffin told a story about a customer who wanted to buy an OYY yoyo. Coffin didn’t have any releases out and offered a spare that was laying around his house. The customer…let’s call him Steve, was given a picture of the yoyo and a series of specs. Steve decided that the yoyo didn’t have the specs he wanted and told coffin he wasn’t interested. But Coffin knew something that Steve hadn’t learned yet, something that would make Steve a fan of that yoyo and a lifetime customer of OYY.”

Click here to read the rest of the post!

9 Likes

Absolutely awesome article. Makes me really excited to listen to the podcast! I love how you brought out so many different things when it comes to liking a throw, even down to what string we are using. I know for myself, it’s easy to get caught into a brand or certain specs and when you do that you cut off many good throws that you’d otherwise love. For example, I love organic throws but I recently just got a Mowl vigilancia and it’s become one of my favorite throws. Just a great reminder to not judge a throw by it’s specs!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Definitely give the podcast a watch or listen, I could listen to Coffin talk for days and stay interested :slight_smile:

Once again really awesome article. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Very cool! Can’t wait to check it out

1 Like