CLYW Snow Tires too gummy

The snow tires on my tundra are brand new - so they’re gummy and snap back at unwanted times - I’ve switched out multiple bearings and the issue still persists - front spin or back spin, the yoyo snaps back up during lacerations.

Do I have to wear these down? They’re the stock orange(?) or pink tires, I’ve read the aqua tires are “harder” - anyone have any advice on how to circumvent this issue? Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thinner string?

2 Likes

Pour flowable. Make it very recessed.
Edit: you could just sell me the tundra if the problem persists :wink:

4 Likes

The flowable I’ve poured never lasted longer than a week - I’m all about the lowest amount of maintenance when it comes to my yoyos - maintaining my throws is the last thing I wanna do after working with my hands all day :sleepy:

Oy vey - there’s no way to wear down the pads quickly?

2 Likes

Never tried to wear our pads at super speed, but I’d imagine you could shave em down with a razor blade or something to at least get em flush if they are currently sitting a little bit proud.

1 Like

24/7 regens :smiley:

4 Likes

I always hear this. Why exactly do regens wear down the response quicker? Doesn’t it wear them down just as much as binding, catching, and rethrowing?

There’s even regens where you bind back touch it on your knuckle or something and throw it back out which is basically catching and rethrowing

2 Likes

It’s just that it’s faster than catching and rethrowing. So you’re engaging the response pads more frequently vs. doing standard types of tricks. I guess saying “just practice binds” accomplishes the same thing.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! I’ll just practice regens on this bad boy for a few days. I was hoping someone would say “rub x” on the pads and Viola! But patience is a virtue I suppose…

3 Likes