CLYW peak response pads .

Hi all , just got a peak and it’s binding to fast . for example when I try ninja vanish it binds right as I’m trying to land the green triangle . ( I’m good with ninja vanish , find it easy on all my other throws ) It looks like it just had the pads replaced . Will they ware in ? should I try A new pair of snow tires , or just replace the pads with flow-able silicone ? anyone been threw this with a peak or clyw ? what works best ?

I got a peak on Wednesday. I took out the silicone and threw in some blue snow tires. The pads will break in with use, and will eventually become less snappy.

Are you sure it’s not your bearing?

Is the response sticking out of the groove, or is it flush?

If it is the response, it will wear down eventually. You can always take them out and use flowable. Flowable probably works best with the Peak. I don’t own a Peak, but I have found that Snow Tires are a little too big for some older model CLYWs.

Take out the bearing and clean it properly. That might be all you need to do.

Take out the bearing and clean it properly. That might be all you need to do.
[/quote]

just tried a couple of different bearings , threw in a brand new 10 ball and the thinnest peace of string i have , and did a gravity pull :frowning:

just tried a couple of different bearings , threw in a brand new 10 ball and the thinnest peace of string i have , and did a gravity pull :frowning:
[/quote]
Post pictures of the insides of the Peak from various angles.

Also, if you can tug STRAIGHT up, you can gravity pull most unresponsive yoyos anyways just by getting too much string in the gap.

Worse case is, if you lived near em, I would clean the bearing and silicone it for you while you wait. However, you’d have to wait 24 hours for the silicone to cure, so I’d request to hang onto it overnight to ensure it cures flat, then bring you back when it’s time to re-assemble and test it so you can see the whole process and we could troubleshoot from there.

I have an original Avalanche that I’ve tried snow tires in with poor results. I have a Peak as well. I think the older CLYWs play better with flowable silicone. The newer ones are designed with the pads in mind.

:slight_smile:

thank you every one for your input :slight_smile: It is a little frustrating getting my first peak and it not playing the way I’d like . Any how I’m gonna ad some Monkey Snot to my next order , I think that will do the trick . in the mean time what kind of stores could I find flowable silicone locally ?

The response seems to be a tad to thick

I agree. Those pads should be flush or slightly recessed(below the place where the silicone/response pad goes).

If you want to get flowable, YYE carries what I’m gonna recommend, which is Permatex Flowable Window Sealant. Most auto parts stores carries this. Worse case is if you don’t see it out on the floor, it may be behind the counter. So, if you don’t see it, ask!!

???

They look fine to me. Just keeping throwing it. The pads will wear in and your Peak will become less responsive.

I’m pretty sure Chris once said that Snow Tires fit all CLYW models perfectly except the peak (because the recess isn’t as deep). Don’t quote me on that, though.

My CLIFF was kind of snaggy before they broke in, but one fell out, so I siliconed it. I believe all pads will break in with enough use.

I know for a fact that they are very snaggy in my first run Avalanche. I got a bloody nose to prove it. No need to wait for them to “break in.” I would need plastic surgery before they broke in enough.

Me too. My first run avalanche will no work well with snow tires or aqua pads.

Ok I sent an email to CLYW and asked about this problem and this is what they said .

“The response grooves for the Peak are quite shallow and were designed only for silicone. If you don’t want to do silicone the Best thing to do is put in white snow tires and use a KK bearing an just break it in.”

I went to the auto parts store picked up some silicone 5 bux . waiting for it to dry now :slight_smile: