Cleaning A yoyo?

(PikachuCanYoyo?) #1

My yoyo is always sticky. I try cleaning it with water but that doesn’t help. Help?

(DanielBG) #2

try with spirt

(Mr. Nathan) #3

what do you mean “sticky”?

Try some dish soap in the water. If that doesn’t do it, try a little lighter fluid on a cloth to wipe it down, then wash w/soap&water. Lighter fluid is pretty benign to polycarb and celcon.

(Mr. Nathan) #5

be careful using lighter fluid or mineral spirits (paint thinner) cause they can crack or even melt plastic.

I’ve never had a problem cleaning any production yoyo w/either lighter fluid or mineral spirits. You don’t soak them in it, just wipe down with a bit on a cloth. Polycarb and celcon yoyos are not affected by it. Now acetone or lacquer thinner are an entirely different story. They will melt the plastic, even wiped on with a cloth.

(PikachuCanYoyo?) #7

My yoyo is a 888 I think its uhh alumanimnnmimn and by sticky i mean like one spot feels different. liek sticky.

(Mr. Nathan) #8

if its aluminum you can use any thing that has been suggested so far. Just test it on an inconspicuous part first to make sure it won’t strip the paint.

(PikachuCanYoyo?) #9

okay those people who suggested soapy water are friggin geniuses. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(Mr. Nathan) #10

now your yoyo can blow bubbles! ;D

Use a rag when you clean it. don’t stick it in a bucket of water.
And stop eating and throwing without washing your hands.

(PikachuCanYoyo?) #12

who said its food thats the sticky stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Mr. Nathan) #13

if the yoyo is always sticky then he is always eating by your logic…

No, my logic is that he ate, threw, got sticky stuff on the yoyo (I assume sugar based) and never cleaned it off. I do suppose though, after reviewing your logical assumptions of my logic that, yes, he could in fact be currently suspended in a tank of marshmallow fluff, honey and strawberry jam and is currently typing posts on a nearby console via a complicated, Loony Tunes style, stalk and pulley apparatus composed of moistened candy-canes, Twizzlers and pre-chewed BubbleYum. Though, while common in it’s own right, I find this scenario rather unlikely in this situation.

(Mr. Nathan) #15

lol ;D