Clean sunsets?

I’m getting a pair of sunset NXG’s. They will be my first pair of looping yoyos (beyond an imperial about 5 years ago ) and I was wondering if I should just leave em stock, clean them and then thick lube, or clean and thin lube. Help would be usefull as they are coming on friday and I want to be full yprepared, thanks so much!

I think you’re going to be fine playing them stock… but you could get some thick lube just in case… and if you are going to clean them, be sure to buy thin lube…

Hope this helped and Good Luck! ;D

Ok, so if I clean them I should have thin lube (which I already do) but if I leave them stock I should have thick lube ???. Or should I clean and thick lube are you saying? I will prob play em stock tho. Thanks!

NO. NO NO. It’s a looping yoyo. The thin lube will disperse too quickly and then they won’t loop very well. Even if you clean the bearings you should use thick lube. For one, thick lube will do the same thing that thin lube will by protecting the bearing and yoyo. Two, Thin lube will break in and you will get the occasional dead loop. That is when the yoyo hits the end of the string and drops instead of coming back. Especially for a beginner, the thin lube is a no no.

Stock all the way with a little thick lube for the future.

That’s what I thought, thanks! I’ll probably just play it stock with lube to maintain. Thanks Icthus.

Don’t try to get maintenance down to a science, it’s more of an art that comes with time. I would just play with them until they don’t feel the same as they did when they were new then try adding some lube. I haven’t added any lube to my NXGs since I got them six months ago, and they still perform beautifully!

Thanks JM.

Word!

Someone said on another not to be nammed fourm that sunsets are being shipped dry now. That seems far-fetched, it is true…???

I’m pretty sure those are Legacies.