Chopsticks gorilla

Anyone try the new Chopsticks Gorilla Throw yet? Would like to hear someone’s full opinion on it cause I was thinking of getting one possibly :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I love the Gorilla, it has such a good play feeling, and power for days, it will whip through everything I throw at it!

6 Likes

Yeah I think it’s cool that its slightly undersize but such a highend throw, could easily be a pocket throw

2 Likes

I dont mind the size, it has a super strong presence on the string, really easy to catch, and it quickly becoming my go to when I want a smaller throw for tighter tricks! It’s kinda like a pimped out Sputnik, which I’m a fan of to!! But the gorilla has a more powerful spin to it!:wink:

4 Likes

Little sad I missed the green and gold colour way tho :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Do you wear cargo pants?

Aha cant say I do but I would if they looked good, why?

1 Like

I guess it just depends on what each person considers qualifies as a pocket yo-yo?

If you would have said ‘carry’ yo-yo; I would have said nothing.

A Chopsticks Gorilla would make quite a lump in a pocket.

That’s all…

1 Like

Ahhh, well I’m jus saying to something compared to the Overdrive Draupnir cause it has a pretty big diameter, but maybe carry yoyo would be a better terms

1 Like

If I were any good at writing reviews, I could assure you I would write a good one right here. I can’t express just how awesome this throw is. I highly advise not to sleep on this one!

3 Likes

Thanks man, jus put an order in for one yesterday cant wait I’m hyped🙌🏽

1 Like

How did you find it?

Is it fast or nimble?

1 Like

Both fast and nimble…

2 Likes

Nice that’s great. I heard it has a very strong presence on the string as well. Does it feel very solid? I prefer yoyos that feel lighter haha.

Agreed. It’s my absolute favorite throw. Fast, powerful, stable, nimble, extremely controllable, surprisingly has a little float, and slightly undersized (by modern standards).

1 Like

Well, I’ll tell you straight up… I don’t care much for heavy feeling yo-yos. Even if they weight 63 or 64 grams. If they feel heavy, I’d rather play with something else.

The Gorilla feels powerful, yet not heavy feeling at all(to me).

I feel that it wants to play fast though. So if you prefer a more casual pace, a Draupnir or overdrive Draupnir may work better.

I throw mine with Kitty Fat… It helps slow it down somewhat. If you play it with Markmont or Airetic nylon(or something if similar thinness and higher nylon content) prepare to move with a quickness.

If… you throw Fast, then the Chopsticks Gorilla can be a good weapon of choice.

I have never thought of myself as bonding with a yoyo. I seriously have so many yoyos(approx. 1500) that I will throw a yoyo around for a few days and then put it away and throw something else.

The Gorilla was entirely different. I threw it for about 10 minutes and it moved right to the front part of the line.

I don’t have a Top Ten list. But if I did have a Top Ten list, it would be on the list.

4 Likes

Thank you for your input. Looks like I’ll be picking one up sometime.