Chief vs Skywalker (andthensome)

The person advertising it should make it plain because it’s a big difference between the two Skywalker variations. The yoyo design is virtually the same, but is designed specifically to take the smaller D sized bearing. So, if they don’t say D bearing, it probably isn’t. C bearing is the more common variation. Still a fantastic yoyo…I just don’t believe quite as good. I think Heath got it right the second time.

D bearings came in “retro rewind” (a black base with pink,blue, and yellow splash), “spotted banana” (yellow with brown speckle), and then mostly in solid colors. If you see a solid, chances are it’s a D bearing.

Would it be safe to say this is a D-bearing skywalker: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/319585_277511938939332_2004954971_n.jpg

well now I guess I just have to find one P:

Most likely, yes.

The Yo-Duh comes in C-Bearing, and most Skywalkers you find will most likely be C-Bearing. Definitely ask. They should know.

1 Like

bump

Other opinions are appreciated!

Like a lot of people have said, the Skywalker is a bit of a hard throw to find, but even harder to convince people to let go of, and even harder still to find one in your choice of colorway. Why don’t you tell us your yoyo preferences so we can help you choose between the two? :slight_smile:

In play terms I think both are very good. The D-bearing Skywalker I think is and absolute treat. The Chief plays larger than the Skywalker. I don’t think you could go hugely wrong with either honestly. Given the number of Chiefs around, you could probably find a better second hand deal on one, and with more of a variety in colorways given that you seem keen to find specific colors.