Cheap yoyo for fingerspins?

I felt it was worth $65, but no more. When I tried it, I gave it a few throws, and gave it back. It was just, meh.

well it is made of 6061 aluminum but I do agree it should worth more.

I’ve seen dark sonic videos and they fingerspin forever

Why is it that you are always tryna bring me down? I have my opinion, he asked for my opinion, I don’t see why you have to ruin it.

The new Mo-Vitation from C3 is $90. heres a video of Ethan Wong using it at EYYC he placed 10th in the open division.

finger spins are a side not an entree lol
I guess that was just advertisement for c3, I dont think he threw diagonal once.

I would have liked to see some vertical stuff, too… but I watched the whole performance without really getting bored, which is more than I can say for some of the top-3 performances I’ve seen lately in this and other competitions.

“Low” finish (hey, 10th! Not bad!) partly for lack of variety… but partly for a judging system that isn’t set up to reward new styles like this. This is how innovation happens, though… someone will see this and realize that fingerspins in horizontal play can be a major component, and they’ll start to add it to their routines. I for one am glad to see chances like this being taken!

It’s bound to support C3, so I don’t think you’re totally off the mark there… but this is also the style Ethan is developing and breaking ground in. It’s not like C3 said to him, “Go and do all fingerspins… let’s make some cash!” They developed a yoyo to suit his style, not the other way around. I believe he’s throwing in a genuine “unscripted” Ethan Wong way. And despite incidental benefits to C3, that doesn’t count as mere advertising.

1 Like