Chat needs some more moderators.

So today in the chat, this showed to be a problem, there was swearing and spamming to a whole new level, and sadly, no chat mods were available to put a stop to this.
The individuals involved talked back to anyone trying to put a stop to it, and went to spamming and making fun of other individuals entering the chat.
I cannot post all that was said here due to certain people getting around the censor, but this gives you an idea of what was going on.

[gommer556] 5:15 pm: UR BLUE
[Jayyo] 5:15 pm: can you maybe not type in all caps gome san?
[yoyoexpert422] 5:15 pm: me?
[Jayyo] 5:15 pm: tell you something?
[logan7509] 5:15 pm: yes
[gommer556] 5:15 pm: Y MISTER PARTY POOPER JAYYO LENNO
[gommer556] 5:15 pm: LOL

[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: dkjkfgcdghjdhjksgfhkweglwcnliugrehli
[Jayyo] 5:16 pm: no more caps please
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: xfghbdjk bgfh ufhbcgnkje
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: fkbetuypvrcg
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: efg,nortuoityrb
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: hyhgekrtugiobhyy
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: rjbvef,hvgklbhr jt
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: tjkghjery
[Yo-Yo Penguin] 5:16 pm: dufhyiogyuoi
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: hgfadsjvwydgtr
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: vgdv vejhtbvrtheg
[Jayyo] 5:16 pm: maranello, dont spam
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: grejbviktyr
[logan7509] 5:16 pm: wats gomer doin
[maranellokid] 5:16 pm: tv
hvhntgjhkrtvy t
[sakuranbo] 5:16 pm: wtf guys

So I kept trying to tell everyone to stop, I get:

[gommer556] 5:17 pm: WHO DECLARED JAYYO LENNO THE BOSS
[yoyoexpert422] 5:17 pm: stop!!!
[gommer556] 5:17 pm: BOO
[logan7509] 5:17 pm: u scared me
[yoyoexpert422] 5:17 pm: dude gommer just please shut up
[gommer556] 5:17 pm: YES!!!I JUST REACHED MY LIFE GOAL OF SCARING LOGAN
[maranellokid] 5:18 pm: f
[yoyoexpert422] 5:18 pm: shut up!!!
[sakuranbo] 5:18 pm: im getting out here buncha 8 year olds arguing over nothing
[Yo-Yo Penguin] 5:18 pm: gommer, press the caps button below you on the keypad
[logan7509] 5:18 pm: dang ur old
[Yo-Yo Penguin] 5:18 pm: please
[gommer556] 5:19 pm: NO I 11

Gomer continued to swear and get around the chat censor many times, I reported to mods but none were around.

Now I am posting this public for others to see cause I want to show not only the mods, but also the rest of the people here in YYE that we need some way to stop the individuals doing this, yes we can report to mods, but in situations when no mod is around, and newer people are coming into the chat, it gives YYE a bad look, the chat should be a place where people respect each other in a way that would encourage others, not a place where newcomers enter and are immediately greeted with swearing, insults and spam.

I propose the idea of possibly electing a few new chat mods, not necessarily forum mods, but mods like “Mi” who were online often who took care of the chat, a good trustworthy group of people who are more frequent in the chat who are trustworthy, Preinfalk, X52, Kobansora, Elephark, etc.

Anyways, that is all, I just really wanted to raise this to the public as well as the mods and admins here.

If the mods/admins feel this is not needed, you can take the post down or I can at your request.

Thanks.

J.

5 Likes

I agree, or at least add an ignore system perhaps, I don’t know what engine the chat runs so… yeah I dont even know if that is possible.

now what do you mean an ignore system? because you are already able to ignore people in the chat already.

Shows how often I am in chat. Thanks for the info. Anyhow, if there IS an ignore system, people need to learn to use it if they are in a chat. I play League of Legends, which honestly, the public chats get pretty out of hand, a simple right click and ignore solves the issue. I still think there needs to be a better way to moderate the Chats however, I think the bulk of these problems can be solved with ignore, just like always…

EDIT: Why not let the eXperts be Chat Mods? I know Jayyo is on fairly often as well as Brian, Samad, etc. I mean if they could idle in chat on a different tab and check it periodically, they could resolve a lot of the issues. Save a log and submit it to the Mods or Admins, that way if a further resolution is required then they can deal with it on their end.

[tmac] 5:49 pm: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
[pinhead] 5:49 pm: hi
[gommer556] 5:49 pm: g2g everyone, seeeeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[Chat]: gommer556 has left at 5:49 pm
[pinhead] 5:49 pm: bye.
[tmac] 5:50 pm: HAHAHAHAHBWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
[Preinfalk] 5:50 pm: STOP SPAMMING!
[Yo-Yo Penguin] 5:50 pm: ha!
[xxDMIIxx] 5:50 pm: spam
[tmac] 5:50 pm: SORRY
[xxDMIIxx] 5:50 pm: spamspam
[yoyofoot] 5:50 pm: erm… to many "ha"s
[Yo-Yo Penguin] 5:50 pm: me?
[xxDMIIxx] 5:50 pm: haahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
[Chat]: YOYOJAMizm has entered at 5:50 pm
[tmac] 5:50 pm: how am i spaming???
[MrYoMaster11] 5:50 pm: shut up people!!!
[Preinfalk] 5:50 pm: Don’t start with me kid…
[xxDMIIxx] 5:50 pm: spamspams
[yoyofoot] 5:50 pm: I thought this was a myth.
[xxDMIIxx] 5:51 pm: spamspam
[xxDMIIxx] 5:51 pm: s;aklsdjfadjsf;ajsdlksflajfklsjflkajsflkajsfsd
[xxDMIIxx] 5:51 pm: kjsadf;lksdjflsdjfksaldjfsakdfjl;ksafks
[xxDMIIxx] 5:51 pm: lol
[YOYOJAMizm] 5:51 pm: dmII stop!!!
[yoyofoot] 5:51 pm: can you quit it? lag…
[Preinfalk] 5:51 pm: you know what… the lack of maturity here has gotten too high here…
[tmac] 5:51 pm: how am i spaming???

Just now,
see my point, haha

Basically everything Jayyo said… I was actually about to make a thread like this as well, but you beat me to it. As you can see from the chat quotes… it’s nearly impossible to stop it. Mods/Admins, please do something, or even route the new people straight into the rules or something, but this has been getting WAY out of hand. Those who spam know who they are… they need to learn to follow the rules, or face the consequences.

1 Like

My vote goes out for Preinfalk. He’s a great guy. =)

It’s also why I’ve been avoiding going the chat often, just because of the lack of maturity.

And this is a problem, because of the spamming, many people who used to frequent the chat are now leaving due to the level of maturity and disrespect for others.

If the site mods arent willing to assign chat moderators they could also make a “Report a spammer” thread.

Do what Jayyo did and copy paste the proof and temp ban them or something.

I agree. More chat mods are probably called for.
I got the note from Jayyo about 40 minutes after he sent it and all the jerk kids were gone by then.

Maybe make the forum eXperts into chat mods?

From what I can remember, the way the chat is set up it isn’t possible to assign someone as a chat moderator without making them a forum moderator. Excuse my bandwagoning, but this problem would be fixed by using IRC.

Normally I try and keep an eye on the chat during a large portion of my waking hours of the day, but communication is down, both phone and internet is dead in my neck of the woods.

I don’t go into the chat for the exact reason the OP listed.

It’s not too possible in having chat mods. It’s actually extremely difficult. Andre has the IRC chat on his list of things to do. Please be patient.

last one I was there, I actually got insulted by a mod :smiley:

That would make things easier. I also think that if it is possible to make chat mods, have like “undercover” mods. Don’t reveal who they are, and let them moderate the chat, that way spammers don’t know if there is a mod or not. I’d suggest well known chat people

You must have missed what I said. It’s NOT too possible. Meaning it’s not easy.