Centertrac, flat, ceramic, gold: what's up with those bearings?

It’s a technical term. Learned it at a 4 year college.

1 Like

Well, I can only speak to my experience with my VTWO. It’s behavior after putting in a Buddha Ripple bearing was so significantly different compared to its behavior with the stock flat bearing, that logic tells me the bearing change was the deciding factor.

1 Like

Wait… What decision was made? Did I miss something?

1 Like

If the yo-yo is tilting because the string is not dead center, the yoyo is now spinning so slowly that you can’t bind. It is the initial throw. Just physics, not a matter of opinion. Find the video @andy569 posted of literally half a yo-yo spinning upright on a bearing. It’s how a gyroscope works

1 Like

Yeah @zslane , gonna have to agree with everyone else, it’s just your throw. If the string is sitting on one side of a flat bearing, that’s not going to really cause it to tilt. Precession will cause the yoyo to turn and rotate but the high RPMs of the yoyo will really keep it from tilting. Switching to a centering bearing will mitigate precession, but it won’t really keep the yoyo from tilting less from a bad throw.

And on another note, it’s obviously easier to tell if you have a flat bearing or centering bearing if you just do a throw and let the yoyo sit and watch if it turns or not. I think skitrz was referring to people not being able to tell the difference of a flat bearing vs. centering bearing during actual play. I definitely don’t agree, I 100% feel the increase in stability and spin time when using a centering vs. flat but I do think it’s unfair to say “I can tell whether there’s a flat bearing in my yoyo or not because I can do a sleeper and stare to see if the yoyo turns or not”

2 Likes

Fair enough. I really need work on my throwing mechanics. :confounded:

1 Like

Don’t be shy - “yet” no pressure - you can change the meta

Stamp this archive it for the next gens. The KK CT delta V notched grooved, flat, race, ceramic, porcelain 8-10-abcd Abec

Just got in some MagicYoYo gold plated 10 ball concaved bearings…so far I’m really impressed with them!

4 Likes

That looks sick

3 Likes